thought i had something special

-

pomonamissel

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
here i've been talking about my 69 340 gts project i bought many moons ago , just sitting n waiting for me to get back on her , had the motor rebuilt back some 30 plus years ago , swore to this date it was a four bolt main motor that came out of it , the motor is not back together yet , so i when to my storage room , and dug down to it , my storage has 30ty years of stuff in it , all my la stuff . so here i'm digging to it , getting all the heads , blocks , boxes of new parts out of the way , to find the tag that said what car its from , and i spun it around to get a pic of the mains and id the block , undid the bag to find . it was a two bolt main motor , i was shear it was a four bolt main , at the time to cut costs with my machinist we all got our 340's together , i had three built and four more from buds , and one that was from a 70 aar cuda 340 four bolt main motor , and for some time it sat with my three blocks until he finished his rework on the car , full cage and frame stiffing . so i'm so sorry to all the members here for my being dumb to my own stuff . i should have bought that aar from my friend when he sold the car , but then they were everywhere . i even call him and asked him what happened to my block . he said ,'' what 340 , when was this'' , ''you more-off then on , dude'' to me . then again he told me i should have bought his aar , he sold it for 3400 bucks back then with a freash built 340 6 bbl , i know it was more then half that to build the motor . at lease that what my paper work on mine said . so i don't have a four bolt main block for my 69 gts , but i can say its freash and totally rebuilt and #matching . you know that when i bought the car it was a junker at a navy base , bid against scrappers for it , and i bought it for the 340 in it , for a la to stuff in my 72 w200 crewcab put a 413 ind n loadflite in it . glad i never used that motor in it now . :eek:ops::prayer::burnout:

There is no such thing as a production 4 bolt main SB Mopar

Read the 2nd paragraph. Not the 1 that's circled....

Attachments

• mopar%20mounts3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 248
yes , your are right . i was just dumb to my stuff . dug to it to find out that i was only a 2 blt'r block . and the one that i was seeing in my mind , was my friend aar car block . should have bought that aar car from him , later that year he sold it , still kick myself . and again i apologize to all for my mistake . its special , just not very special . thanks for setting me straight .

Well it "might be." The thing is, I don't worry much about "numbers" cars and options. But you might research this. Heck it might just have some options that DO make it special.

Well it "might be." The thing is, I don't worry much about "numbers" cars and options. But you might research this. Heck it might just have some options that DO make it special.

option #1: it is not a chevy

that's pretty special right there

-
Back