Thought I would Share my 65 dart

-
That is funny, I grew up and graduated in Cheney, well actually Four Lakes area we lived on 320 acres which is now Fairways golf course that my dad started along time ago. You must be close to Sprague then, My ex brother in law but still family which dates back to the 70's lives in Sprague, his name is Dan Salter

I’m actually 40 miles west on highway 2. Don’t know the name.

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

thumbnail_IMG_2719.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2720.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2721.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2786.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2787.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2789.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2790.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2812.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2813.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2814.jpg
Ok time for an update on my 65, sorry DionR took so long to answer just been busy with car, house, new grandbaby etc. etc., so sold the Magnum 360 and a buddy and I traveled to a little farm town Lexington, OR. 30 miles south of Hermiston, OR. in eastern Oregon about 6 hrs round trip and I bought a 360 LA ($1,700) with 11 miles since built, 268 Comp cam. double roller chain, heads done bored .30 over 10:1 comp, chrome valve covers, alum. intake and block hugger headers that he took out of his 71 B body cause he decided to go big block, found him on Craigslist and the dude was cool he built a pallet for us to protect the chrome oil pan and loaded in my buddies lifted 4 wheel drive conversion ford E350 van with his forklift and the I proceeded to do my thing to it, I powder coated the valve covers and new air cleaner I bought translucent blue along with the dual feed fuel line, then I bought a small block Chevy chrome alternator adjustment bracket for the short water pump because I needed a longer one to get my alternator higher to clear my dual remote oil filters, so did that in blue also, then the stock triangle bracket I powder coated chrome then the translucent blue over that (love having my own powder coating system) and of course my polished Assualt Racing air gap intake and the Holley Street Avenger 770 cfm carb I won in an eBay auction and rebuilt, then decided to go with a flow thru top on the air cleaner, So I have picked my color, it is Titanium Metallic which is silver/green. I have 1 door jamb, and the under side of the trunk lid done, and ready to paint the trunk jamb (if you will) and getting the under hood and other door jamb ready and hopefully do those by Tuesday with the last of our 70 degree day almost done, otherwise I would need different activator for below 70 or heat my garage. A couple weeks after the engine purchase I found my 4 speed on Craigslist in Clarkston, WA about 100 miles south for $600 and in his pictures was a cardboard goodie box as I call it with Hurst shifter, shift mechanism and linkage which is hanging Red in the pics, Tranny dated late 69 so was in a 70 A Body car, the goodie box was worth $600 it self but came with Tranny price, BONUS. cause all the ones I looked at for 2 years were that price range with no goodies, also got sub-frame connectors about ready to weld in, so enjoy the pics and I will update again sooner than l did this time, Tracey

View attachment 1715798766 View attachment 1715798767 View attachment 1715798768 View attachment 1715798769 View attachment 1715798770 View attachment 1715798771 View attachment 1715798772 View attachment 1715798773 View attachment 1715798774 View attachment 1715798775 Ok time for an update on my 65, sorry DionR took so long to answer just been busy with car, house, new grandbaby etc. etc., so sold the Magnum 360 and a buddy and I traveled to a little farm town Lexington, OR. 30 miles south of Hermiston, OR. in eastern Oregon about 6 hrs round trip and I bought a 360 LA ($1,700) with 11 miles since built, 268 Comp cam. double roller chain, heads done bored .30 over 10:1 comp, chrome valve covers, alum. intake and block hugger headers that he took out of his 71 B body cause he decided to go big block, found him on Craigslist and the dude was cool he built a pallet for us to protect the chrome oil pan and loaded in my buddies lifted 4 wheel drive conversion ford E350 van with his forklift and the I proceeded to do my thing to it, I powder coated the valve covers and new air cleaner I bought translucent blue along with the dual feed fuel line, then I bought a small block Chevy chrome alternator adjustment bracket for the short water pump because I needed a longer one to get my alternator higher to clear my dual remote oil filters, so did that in blue also, then the stock triangle bracket I powder coated chrome then the translucent blue over that (love having my own powder coating system) and of course my polished Assualt Racing air gap intake and the Holley Street Avenger 770 cfm carb I won in an eBay auction and rebuilt, then decided to go with a flow thru top on the air cleaner, So I have picked my color, it is Titanium Metallic which is silver/green. I have 1 door jamb, and the under side of the trunk lid done, and ready to paint the trunk jamb (if you will) and getting the under hood and other door jamb ready and hopefully do those by Tuesday with the last of our 70 degree day almost done, otherwise I would need different activator for below 70 or heat my garage. A couple weeks after the engine purchase I found my 4 speed on Craigslist in Clarkston, WA about 100 miles south for $600 and in his pictures was a cardboard goodie box as I call it with Hurst shifter, shift mechanism and linkage which is hanging Red in the pics, Tranny dated late 69 so was in a 70 A Body car, the goodie box was worth $600 it self but came with Tranny price, BONUS. cause all the ones I looked at for 2 years were that price range with no goodies, also got sub-frame connectors about ready to weld in, so enjoy the pics and I will update again sooner than l did this time, Tracey

Very nice! Glad to hear from you, was getting nervous something happened.

We had a small impromptu get together couple of days ago, anything you would be interested in joining next time? Eastern wa / idaho shooters

looks good. are you going to try and use those center dump headers?

yes I am, going to test fit before too long but since I went to manual steering gonna give it a shot and plasma cutter and tig welding if not too much altering or go to the ones with the flat collector but they worked in the the other car and have been dented in, gonna prove everybody wrong that you can use these in an early A body

And thanks Challngd83 hadn't seen your post earlier, that is the response I am after gonna be one of the coolest 65 Darts out there when done, in the mild restomod category that is and way cooler than the factory 273 4 bbl 4 speed I had in high school

brian6pac, how do you like the purple Taylor spark plug wires I bought from you? And just wondering what you had them on because the shortest wires which would normally be for the rear plugs were almost 20" or more too long for the front plugs LOL, maybe a Viper V10 and you still have 2 stashed away or something, all good had to change cap ends any way so now they are cut to fit:lol:

brian6pac, how do you like the purple Taylor spark plug wires I bought from you? And just wondering what you had them on because the shortest wires which would normally be for the rear plugs were almost 20" or more too long for the front plugs LOL, maybe a Viper V10 and you still have 2 stashed away or something, all good had to change cap ends any way so now they are cut to fit:lol:

Better to long that to short, It's hard to cut them longer. LOL
They came off a off brand motor, BBC 454

Candy Canes, Found a guy who had 2 65 Darts for sale in St. Maries, ID on FB Marketplace so messaged him to see if he would sell me some stuff off the 270 model (candy canes and inner sill carpet hold downs) at first he said no that car went with the GT model for parts but then said yes so Wednesday went and got the 4 pcs I did not have for &140.00, and I think are the hardest ones to find, so the candy canes are at a restoration chrome plating shop here in Spokane, driver side needs a little welding and dent repair and pass side just dent repair, told them repair only no plating or polishing so $125.00 for the driver side and $75.00 for the pass side, I am going to do the carpet hold downs. So in my mind SCORE, and they were about 10 miles up a mountain road (pic attached) also talked a sign company into a vinyl stencil for dirt cheap so I could paint the Mopar logo on my new triple pass aluminum radiator from Eastwood, and that is just shadows on the dark blue logo. Those 2 Darts are still for sale if anybody local is interested, Tracey
thumbnail_IMG_2954.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2956.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2958.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2959.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2960.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2957.jpg

-
Back