Thoughts and opinions for my 727

-
Over the winter I bought the 904 DIY kit. Already had his RMVB in my 727 so just moved it over. Very happy with it. I think all told, I will have picked up 2.5 MAYBE 3 tenths going from a 727 to 904. I went to aluminum shaft, 300 more flash rpm on same dia converter and went low gear set. So it is not your TYPICAL 727 to 904 swap.
Wow that's great

To all the 4 gear, clutch haters. The last SS/AH shoot out I watched on video on the internet, the stick cars were quicker and it looked like almost half the field were running 4 speeds again. The new clutch technology is letting them run quicker with more reliability and more consistency than the auto trans cars. For me it will always be 3 pedals, even if I don't win I will guarantee I had more fun and a bigger grin on my face then the guy in the auto trans car.

To all the 4 gear, clutch haters. The last SS/AH shoot out I watched on video on the internet, the stick cars were quicker and it looked like almost half the field were running 4 speeds again. The new clutch technology is letting them run quicker with more reliability and more consistency than the auto trans cars. For me it will always be 3 pedals, even if I don't win I will guarantee I had more fun and a bigger grin on my face then the guy in the auto trans car.
That's the biggest issue for me though is the new technology clutches alone are probably as much as it will cost to build my automatic. otherwise I'd build a 4 speed because the cool factor is off the charts.
That's what the bad asses did back when these cars where new !
Edit; well they aren't as much as I thought.

I still have goose bumps from the 4 gear full throttle row I did about 10 minutes ago pass the Beach Barons car show field… Someone I know on here would call me a puss cus I lifted a little going into 3rd… :rofl:

it was bouncing off the rev limiter in 2nd… Shift light necessary…

I still have goose bumps from the 4 gear full throttle row I did about 10 minutes ago pass the Beach Barons car show field… Someone I know on here would call me a puss cus I lifted a little going into 3rd… :rofl:

it was bouncing off the rev limiter in 2nd… Shift light necessary…
Sounds like fun

What trans do you use ?

Have 3 A833, 1 nothing special in the car now. 1 with a gear vendor that I’m going to put back in once I pull my motor for a cam / head swap. And have one more that I’m going to have Tim help me slick shift as I found a sequencel shifter called a Rengate out of AUS. That will be a bad *** setup..

Have 3 A833, 1 nothing special in the car now. 1 with a gear vendor that I’m going to put back in once I pull my motor for a cam / head swap. And have one more that I’m going to have Tim help me slick shift as I found a sequencel shifter called a Rengate out of AUS. That will be a bad *** setup..
Bad ***, yeah I have a 23 spline but I don't think it would last long behind the 470

They are almost indestructible. Ask Tim he loves braking ****. Bet they would be just fine at 6 or 700 HP..
That's interesting maybe I'll see about putting it in my Dakota if it would fit, well I'd make it fit lol

I run a DR-4 Jerico clutch assist trans with a McLeod soft-loc clutch.
I have no idea what that is, I'll have to look that up.
It's obviously good if you're racing with it

Don't let these guys pollute your brain.
The 470 will like the 727 much better and so will you.

If Tim is who I think he is, just ask Tim he will fill you in on what a DR-4 Jerico is. DR is for drag race, -4 is 4 spd. Jerico is the name of the company.

But that's no surprise, really. Even back in the day with the "archaic" clutches of yesteryear, a good driver in a properly set up 4 speed car was almost always consistently quicker. Ronnie Sox and Dick Landy just to name two on a pretty long list.

The rat disagreed with my post. :lol:
He's been running them high screaming small blocks for too long. lol
He can't handle the truth or the torque. :D

Yes, you are right Rusty but most racers have lost that art with all there electronic they need to win these days. With the adjustable slipper clutches and better race manual transmissions they have nowadays that art is starting to make a strong comeback. For those of us old enough to remember the hay days of drag racing, we wished it never went away.

Yes, you are right Rusty but most racers have lost that art with all there electronic they need to win these days. With the adjustable slipper clutches and better race manual transmissions they have nowadays that art is starting to make a strong comeback. For those of us old enough to remember the hay days of drag racing, we wished it never went away.
Just like all this EFI stuff. Takes all the real talent of tuning out of the game and replaces it with easy to learn computer programming. You don't even have to read plugs anymore.

-
Back