Thoughts and opinions

-

Evan Dutch

Reaction score
Hey all, hoping I can get some input.

I have the opportunity to purchase a 1989 Chrysler Conquest TSI 5 speed turbo car.

Wondering if any members here have owned any of these cars and if they are any good. What are the common issues and problem areas with these cars. Are they worth having? I personally haven’t seen many of them.

Thanks

DA97A3C3-F686-4421-BB97-8FBDEF6B2065.jpeg

Theres not much left about my car that is still conquest aside from the sheet metal. But the whole reason i bought it is because you dont see many of them.

StarQuestClub.com

Look around there, biggest wealth of info ive found on these cars

The only thing I really know as a short coming of these cars is the trans axle’s weakness when you start to put some upgrades power to them. While they do handle a fair amount power, more than the MP 300hp kits worth, racers would often break them at the line.

Running similar set ups in the street, I wouldn’t worry about. Smaller non slick tires on pavement are more forgiving than slicks at the track taking off at high rpm under boost.

The only thing I really know as a short coming of these cars is the trans axle’s weakness when you start to put some upgrades power to them. While they do handle a fair amount power, more than the MP 300hp kits worth, racers would often break them at the line.

Running similar set ups in the street, I wouldn’t worry about. Smaller non slick tires on pavement are more forgiving than slicks at the track taking off at high rpm under boost.

Yeah, I think these cars made about 170 or so horsepower from the factory. They were relatively quick for the time but not by today’s standards. I’d hop it up a little but nothing too much. Mainly looking to drive it and have fun with it.

-
Back