Thoughts on frustrating situation.

-
Was a smaller local lot. Also a repair shop. Just remember the guy pushing and pushing for the extended. And now he's getting paid to fix the pos he bought at auction and sold us. The check engine light came on within prob 50 miles. Of course no way to document now. Can a dodge dealer plug it in and see if codes have been cleared and what for? I think there are laws for selling used "merchandise" you know is faulty.
Since I don't see that anyone has answered your question, I will try.
A Chrysler scan tool, on your 2016, will only tell you how many starts since a code 1st appeared or was cleared.
That's only if the code wasn't permanently cleared in the PCM/BCM.
It doesn't display a date. So for example, if a code sets, it'll display that the code set at 24 starts since fault.
I worked in a used car dealer for a couple of years, I'm going to tell you, most of those aftermarket warranty company's won't pay for much.
Transmission and engines usually "covered only if damaged by the failure of an internal lubricated part". That almost always meant that if you have a electronic part creating a issue, they won't cover it.
The best advice I can give you is to take it to a place like Cottman or AAMCO, pay to have it fixed, then demand a refund for the warranty. I wouldn't be hesitant to file a lawsuit against the dealer for misrepresenting the warranty they sold.

Since I don't see that anyone has answered your question, I will try.
A Chrysler scan tool, on your 2016, will only tell you how many starts since a code 1st appeared or was cleared.
That's only if the code wasn't permanently cleared in the PCM/BCM.
It doesn't display a date. So for example, if a code sets, it'll display that the code set at 24 starts since fault.
I worked in a used car dealer for a couple of years, I'm going to tell you, most of those aftermarket warranty company's won't pay for much.
Transmission and engines usually "covered only if damaged by the failure of an internal lubricated part". That almost always meant that if you have a electronic part creating a issue, they won't cover it.
The best advice I can give you is to take it to a place like Cottman or AAMCO, pay to have it fixed, then demand a refund for the warranty. I wouldn't be hesitant to file a lawsuit against the dealer for misrepresenting the warranty they sold.

I'm only going to disagree with this, to say that if the OP did do this, and did actually have a warranty, it's going to shoot that warranty in the foot and give them legal rights to deny everything.

Pursue the warranty you're supposed to have, and then jump like Gunbunny says if that fails. Paying to repair is cheaper than a judgment in small claims court, typically.

I'm only going to disagree with this, to say that if the OP did do this, and did actually have a warranty, it's going to shoot that warranty in the foot and give them legal rights to deny everything.

Pursue the warranty you're supposed to have, and then jump like Gunbunny says if that fails. Paying to repair is cheaper than a judgment in small claims court, typically.
I'm not suggesting sue the warranty co, I'm saying sue the dealership. I've seen time and time again salesmen misrepresenting aftermarket warranties.

I'm not suggesting sue the warranty co, I'm saying sue the dealership. I've seen time and time again salesmen misrepresenting aftermarket warranties.

That is an understatement. I’ve seen way too many people get burned by those warranties. And the salesman flat out lied.

Things like the warranty covers towing, R&R, rental cars etc.

I’ve only seen one pay and we lost our *** on it because it was a long time customer and when the final check came there was a deductible of 1k or something. The customer was already eating Ramen noodles 6 nights a week so my boss ate most of it.

Those warranties are a scam.

that was how I took it. I was just saying if he sidesteps the warranty company, they won't pay whereas they might if he files properly.

-
Back