Thoughts on turning a 76 Duster into a 72 Demon 340..

-

orange68cuda

3 Barracuda Member
Reaction score
So if i buy this car, how much work do you imagine going into changing the front/back into a demon? anyone here done this before? any help/experience greatly appreciated!!!

I have heard of people doing it before and it doesn't seem like it'd be too much work ( the front end would be easy to swap, the tail light panel would need to be cut out and weld in a Demon rear end).

I say go for it!

i know the hood and front valance would need to be changed out but what about the bumper and the accommodating lower metal piece?

I am pretty sure ( but not positive ) that they are different ( at least the Demons did not have the bumper guards ). I believe the 76 Darts also had different bumper mounts ( shock absorbing ). I'd say the easiest way to go about it is get a 70-72 Dart parts car and steal the whole front end off of it. If the 76 is in good enough shape, you could probably break even on the swap.

You will need fenders, hood, grille, grille support, bumper basically everything from hte front of the door forward.

And your interior door panals are differant, as are the doors.

I don't think there is an actual physical difference in the door. I think they were meaning the door panels were different which, if you just want the exterior to look like a demon and don't care if you have later model door panels, I don't think it would matter...

The interior door panels are different, Demon model cars had the metal up top like the early duster, I would swap doors if possible.

The interior door panels are different, Demon model cars had the metal up top like the early duster, I would swap doors if possible.

ya i knew the door panels are diff. makes sense to just get the doors.. i want it to look as close as possible to a demon :-D

finding demon doors is another story.. the hunt is always the fun part though..

either way, since is it not an original, you gotta go all out on it. Scoop, spoiler and sport mirrors. :)

it wont be original that's for sure.. but i do plan on making it look pretty damn close. no wing though, not my style...

don't forget every two years they changed the door glass mounting and regulator mechanism.

I am turning my 75 Duster in to a Demon. I have a Demon parts car so it made it real easy. I would recomend trying to find a parts car as you need a lot of parts to do it right and it may cost less that way. But if you cant find one you will need.

Hood, fenders, grill, bumper and bumper mounts, front valence, grill suport.

The doors are different. The inside panel is plastic and the door latch and window crank are in a different spot. Also the glass is different. If you change out doors you will also need to change out the window track/wether striping or there will be a big gap in betwen the window and the roof line.

Some of the interior parts are different like the rear sail panels. The ones in a Demon are metal and the ones in your Duster are plastic. The rear 1/4 windows are also a little different. You can change this all over but again you wll need to change out the wether striping/window track.

Rear you will need a

Bumper, bumper mounts, rear tail panel, tail lights, tail light brackets.

You will also need front and rear wiering harneses for a Demon.

I am sure there is more but thats all I can think of for now.

hey Burntorange70, thank you very much.. very insightful! finding demon "parts cars" seem very hard to do :| but your right, getting it piece by piece would be a handful!

-
Back