Thoughts on weatherpack connectors.

-

1963dartgt

Reaction score
So i broke down and finally bought a wire harness( american autowire power plus 13) and i know that packard 56 are the factory connectors. I was just curious about someone that used them im not worried about originality more longevity than anything else. Also i wanted to wire the new harness using the original circuit board connector and i dont know what terminals would be used there. Thanks for the help.

Packard 56 connectors are not the best. They will probably outlast the car, but their resistance to corrosion and moisture is about nill. If you do use them, pack the socket with dielectric grease and forget about it.

I guess I'm stupid. Your title says "thoughts on weatherpack connectors" and you ask about Packard 56 connectors. I think we all know which is better.......is that what you're gettin at?

I used a bunch of weather pack stuff with my rewire. Great stuff, I really like them, use them all over the place now. Once you get into it you'll be really happy with them. As far as "original circuit board" do you mean the factory fuse panel? If you're spending the coin on a nice set up from American Auto wire, it's really worth the extra protection of a larger fuse box. Not judging, just sayin.

Joe

Weatherpacks work great as long as you stay within the design limits.

I use them a lot on different wiring projects.

I guess I'm stupid. Your title says "thoughts on weatherpack connectors" and you ask about Packard 56 connectors. I think we all know which is better.......is that what you're gettin at?
I guess i worded that wrong. I know the originals are packard 56 i just wanted thoughts on the weatherpack.

I used a bunch of weather pack stuff with my rewire. Great stuff, I really like them, use them all over the place now. Once you get into it you'll be really happy with them. As far as "original circuit board" do you mean the factory fuse panel? If you're spending the coin on a nice set up from American Auto wire, it's really worth the extra protection of a larger fuse box. Not judging, just sayin.

Joe
No not the fuse panel the instrument cluster board. I need the terminals that would go into the circlular plug and connect to the board.

Weatherpacks work great as long as you stay within the design limits.

I use them a lot on different wiring projects.
I would just be using them where the usual quick connects are headlights,taillights,front turn signals, and maybe the steering column connector.

I've worked in GM dealerships a bit and I have seen them used on lots of things, but nothing with a lot of current. Keeping that in mind I think they will do a good job.

-
Back