Thoughts on wheel spacers?

-

timothy c

Reaction score
I have a set of centerline rims I want to use on the front of my Dart, but the rim backspace is 4" and I need to be at 3 1/2 or they rub the upper ball joint. I'm looking at buying 1/2 wheel spacers. Anyone used wheel spacers to make up the difference...pros...cons?

Thanks

i use them all the time. the cheap 1/4 spacers are junk. i have not found a quality billet aluminum spacer under 1" thick. i would never use anything but a billet aluminum spacer. dont go cheapo when using these, and make sure they are perfectly flat on the mating surfaces and they are torqued correctly. i have NEVER had an issue and i have run them for years.

As long as you buy longer wheel studs and use a quality spacer I see no problem with using them.

I would use a solid spacer that fits the wheel studs correctly and them just make sure you have good 9/16" to 3/4" of thread engagement on the lug nuts.

I'm sure others will have all kinds of horror stories, but if you do it right you'll be fine. Also torque the lug nuts after a few break in miles just to makes sure every thing is seated in and tight.

Hub-centric would be a must to run spacers for anything I would drive/ride in

-
Back