Three piece headlining kit??

-

blownhemi

Reaction score
So I ordered a headliner kit (67-72 5-bow Dodge Dart) from Year One recently expecting a simple five-bow headlining kit, which should be just the headlining by itself.

But a three piece kit arrives.

The main top section doesn't seem to have extra material for the c-pillars, but instead it has a pair of thin cards that are trimmed in the same perforated material (I've included a photo).

Is this normal, or am I freaking out about nothing?

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 217

I got those same exact panels with my 67 barracuda notchback headliner kit. They didnt fit my car, and unfortunately i bought it with the headliner already ripped out.

I got spray glue in side boards, and my headliner has enough material to come down on the sides.

Dont think this helps you, except that these are prob the finish panels for the C pillars.

Matt

Most any headliner will include some extra material. It could be used to recover sun visors or whatever. better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

My main issue (besides these boards) is the headliner is the wrong shape as well. There should be two wings of material for the C-pillars but it seems to just be a massive rectangle.

I had a similar issue with a headliner ordered from PUI through ebay . Box was clearly marked notchback but the headliner was for fastback. In that case even the bow spacing is different. No way to make it work. Maybe you wanted 2 door coupe and got 4 door sedan. Good luck

I had a similar issue with a headliner ordered from PUI through ebay . Box was clearly marked notchback but the headliner was for fastback. In that case even the bow spacing is different. No way to make it work. Maybe you wanted 2 door coupe and got 4 door sedan. Good luck

okay so it turns out I was just being paranoid and the headlining was right. We bought a second headliner off ebay and it certainly looked more correct.

I found an interior place nearby and took both headliners to them. We laid out the year one kit first and then laid the second one over the top. Basically the second kit fitted inside the lines of the Year One kit so we could use either to do the job. The side boards in the picture above go behind the c-pillar headlining to fill out the section (why couldn't anyone tell me that?).

Anyway, we ended up using the Year One kit because the quality was better and they trimmed away the excess - and there was alot of excess.

Here's how it looked before they put the dome light back in. If you're in Melbourne, Axion Motor Trimmers are the guys to use in my opinion.

Attachments

• DSC_3765.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 115
-
Back