Three point seat belts in an a-body

-

scottylack

Reaction score
anyone ever put a three point set up in an A Body???
Looking for a setup for my 64 Valiant convertible ... any info appreciated!!

I added them to my 69 drop top. I had it down to the shell and welded in plates and nuts into the side panels. I scored a complete set of front seat belts from a 74 Duster. The shoulder belts do not retract though, you can unclip them from the lap belt if you need to.

My 68 GTS came them originally "stock", but the PO had taken all seat belts out during resto, so I had none.

I bought a set of reproductions on ebay and finally got them in this week.

"I added them to my 69 drop top. I had it down to the shell and welded in plates and nuts into the side panels. I scored a complete set of front seat belts from a 74 Duster. The shoulder belts do not retract though, you can unclip them from the lap belt if you need to".

@CUDA69- Where did you put the shoulder belt inside the convertible top. I can't picture how you accomplished this?

Just my .02

Wesco (link below), has complete sets and they are VERY affordable.
I bought 4 threepoint sets and made two fourpoint set-ups for non racing use for the front seats. I set it up so they can easily be unbolted and secured and regulation five point setups be installed for race day.
Andrew

http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/resebe.htm

Attachments

• Photo461.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 293
Slantsixdan had a site from an aftermarket company that had what you were looking for. send him a PM and i'm sure he would share it again.

...or you can keep it all Mopar with a set of late model Sebring convertible seats.
DSC00093.jpg

I went with these, Caddy CTS-V.

Attachments

• Picture 080.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 188
-
Back