Throttle Cable and Pedal Early A

-

1957guy

1957guy
Reaction score
I have a '65 Dart with a 225 and A/T. The engine has an Offenhauser 4V intake and the trans is a later model 904 with mechanical shifting (not the '65 cable shift).I also have the Offy linkage kit# 5270A.It's clear that this linkage kit is designed to work with a vehicle that was equipped with a throttle cable.I've managed to use some of this kit to correctly activate the transmission throttle pressure lever but it's not clear on what to do for the main throttle since the gas pedal is floor mounted.
Does anyone have the hot tip on 4V carb/pedal/linkage system for the early A bodies?

Yes I have one either 100 +shipping or trade for 63-66 standard shift brake/clutch pedals .Here are some photos

IMG_3826.JPG

IMG_3827.JPG

IMG_3829.JPG

IMG_3830.JPG

IMG_3831.JPG

IMG_3832.JPG

Thanks....do you know where One can find the V8 setup ? Thanks again
I have one for 90$ shipped if needed as well. Not rusted garbage either.

Jake

Last edited:
Yes I have one either 100 +shipping or trade for 63-66 standard shift brake/clutch pedals .Here are some photos

View attachment 1715139178

View attachment 1715139179

View attachment 1715139180

View attachment 1715139181

View attachment 1715139182

View attachment 1715139183
I'm sure that I have the pedal assembly you're looking ,however I am away from the shop for the next few days or possibly a week. I'd like to talk about the logistics by phone or Email. Let me know if that works for you. Walt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that I have the pedal assembly you're looking ,however I am away from the shop for the next few days or possibly a week. I'd like to talk about the logistics by phone or Email. Let me know if that works for you. Walt.
I'm in no hurry so that works email me at (valiantwagonguy at gmail ) and send me your phone so I can call you or send you my number.

In reguards to the gas pedal set up for an early a body, I have a question on what is the length of the cable? I’m replacing my 225 (1965) to a ‘78 year 360, but the gas pedal/cable set I have seems way to long that goes to the 4 barrel carb. Any pictures of a similar set up would help. Thanks.

What's your pedal/cable setup out of? What year is it from? That matters as far as which cable you need for that 360 swap.

Take a close look at the part of the cable that fits into the firewall -- that is, the end of the cable jacket opposite the carburetor end. Does it have a round metal ferrule or a square plastic one?

Not sure what it come from , someone gave it to me at Carlisle last year. Suggestions on what I should have?
Take a close look at the part of the cable that fits into the firewall -- that is, the end of the cable jacket opposite the carburetor end. Does it have a round metal ferrule or a square plastic one?
round metal ferrule

-
Back