Throttle cable issues

-

LarryB340

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting full throttle on my Holley 4 barrel carb. I have an aftermarket cable bracket, the original bracket is too short because I am running an Edelbrock air gap intake. I can't use the mopar adapter on the carb because of the design of the cable bracket. I've tried everything, the geometry just won't work out for full throttle. Thinking about having the original modified to fit this setup, wondering if anyone has done something like this or might know how much higher the original bracket would have too be, or the hight difference between a stock manifold and the air gap. Eyeballing it, looks like I need about 2 inches, but would like to get it right the first time.

I am having trouble getting full throttle on my Holley 4 barrel carb. I have an aftermarket cable bracket, the original bracket is too short because I am running an Edelbrock air gap intake. I can't use the mopar adapter on the carb because of the design of the cable bracket. I've tried everything, the geometry just won't work out for full throttle. Thinking about having the original modified to fit this setup, wondering if anyone has done something like this or might know how much higher the original bracket would have too be, or the hight difference between a stock manifold and the air gap. Eyeballing it, looks like I need about 2 inches, but would like to get it right the first time.
What year and model to start with?

if I knew the carb pad height on a stock intake I could do the math and figure it out. I know the airgap pad height is 5.35 inches.

AR Engineering sells taller factory style brackets. Maybe not exactly the one you need.

AR Engineering has what you need, if you are not running kickdown linkage. The part number is AR004.

I would up taking my accelerator pedal out and bending it up to get more travel.

Maybe this will help?

downloadfile-28.jpg

-
Back