throttle cable setup question

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
alright, so my problem is I still have my slant six throttle cable on my 360. I am not getting WOT with my double pumper on my 360. Its a weiand action plus intake. I will get the "hemi" throttle cable from mancini racing.http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/mohethcakit.html

mabe im just over looking something but even though the hemi cable has more "play" to work with than the slant six cable, the gas pedal still only goes soo far. So wouldnt the carb only open as far as it does now with slant six cable? is there a special adapter i need to get? how do i set it up a certain way so that i can get WOT out of my carb?

Why buy the hemi cable? Buy the one that fits your application...Later A body with V8. Find a stock manifold cable bracket, and modify if nessary from there.

Why buy the hemi cable? Buy the one that fits your application...Later A body with V8. Find a stock manifold cable bracket, and modify if nessary from there.

because the hemi cable is the exact same as the later a-body cable for V8 but half the price, i learned this from another member on the site, a few members are running this cable.

"modify if nesesary from there"
thats what i want to know, is what exactly I will have to modify, and im not sure exactly how a stock manifold bracket is set up, the intake I have on my
duster is an aluminum weiand and does not have the mounting that a stock intake would have for a bracket

Been there. The pedal bottoms out before you get WOT. I put the pedal assembly in a vice and bent the arm so that it could physically travel farther before bottoming. Cable change not required.

Been there. The pedal bottoms out before you get WOT. I put the pedal assembly in a vice and bent the arm so that it could physically travel farther before bottoming. Cable change not required.

Im not sure but i think that my slant six cable is too short, that even if I did have more pedal travel the slant cable might max out anyway? do you have a slant 6 cable?

how about modifying the carb throttle bracket? you basically want less throw at the carb to match the pedal so by attaching the cable closer to the center of the throttle shaft you effectively increase how much action the pedal can effect on the carb by decreasing the radius of the motion of the bracket.

have you tried calling the carb manufacturer to see if there is an adapter bracket available? or summit? summit's tech guys seem somewhat knowledgeable (at least in my experience)

-tim

Mancini Racing has adjustable throttle brackets that are designed to work with aftermarket intake manifolds. You need to make sure that the throttle stud is in the correct location on the Holley linkage. If you use the wrong hole on the linkage then you won't be able to get the carb to WOT. It is a lever to lever relationship. You need to pay attention to the length of the lever arms in order to get the full travel at the carb end.

-
Back