Throttle cable

-

HQ383

Reaction score
Hi all I brought a throttle cable through Ebay for a 68 dart with a 383 and its about 3 inches too short at 17 inches. Can anyone confirm the correct length and where to buy one, the one removed was about 24 inches and a tad too long. I have found this one which I reckon will fit but the site says it doesnt so i dont want to commit and have two cables which dont fit...cheers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATP-Y155-Ac...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I was told a throttle cable from an '81 to '93 Dodge pick up with a v-8 is what we need. I took one off one of these trucks. I will try to find it and measure it.

24 inches sounds like a /6 for most years

I have one that is 20" total if you need it, might be the same 17" you have.
I use a Lokar throttle and kickdown combo. You are welcome to it if you can use it.

Bill

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Thanks bill for the offer i am picking up another one today from Orielys of all places I will see how that one goes and get back to you if I need it cheers

I found that as soon as I went to an RPM intake, it was high enough to cause the cable to be slightly too short. I also have the quick fuel carb and went with the Lokar set up (minus the kick down) and it works great. Andrew

There is a little ball attached to the end of the cable that will fit in the slot of your pedal. You will need to disassemble the inside cable from the outer jacket to remove the silver buckle and expose the little ball. A small plastic tit secures it once in the slot on the pedal. I did have to adjust the Lokar fitting on the engine side of the firewall so my pedal would go all the way to the floor.

Its pretty easy to take it apart and put it back together. GL

HQ383, here's a coincidence... I'm restoring an outlaw street racer, 65 Valiant with a 440 that was put together in the late 70's in So Cal, and the throttle cable is too long. It's kinked (talk about dangerous, like the unsecured fuel cell) and my measurements indicate I need a 17" cable. If you've still got it I'd sure like to buy it from you.

-
Back