Throttle Cable

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
What are you guys doing for a throttle cable when swapping a slant for a big block? It seems like mine is going to be a little too long.

What are you guys doing for a throttle cable when swapping a slant for a big block? It seems like mine is going to be a little too long.

Keep it.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/index.php/topic,34713.0.html

IMGP0233.jpg

The slant six cable is just the right length for a big block with a tall aftermarket intake manifold. It might be a little too long if you use a stock low-rise intake manifold. If you run a tall intake like a Victor or Performer RPM then get a tall throttle bracket kit from Mancini Racing or Hughes Engines and your slant six throttle cable will be just about perfect.

Hey Eric. I did end up just biting the bullet and going with Lokar. They sure make some pretty nice stuff and I thought everything was easy to install.

Hey Eric. I did end up just biting the bullet and going with Lokar. They sure make some pretty nice stuff and I thought everything was easy to install.
If using a Holley carb like mine I had to drill a new hole in the carb linkage..that was the only mod I did on top...on the bottom I drilled another small hole in the kickdown lever and used a spring to pull it back forwards....thus no way would it stay engaged...8)

IMG00160-20100406-1647.jpg

-
Back