throttle cables

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
ok so were there different throttle cables from sland six to v-8? reason im asking is that im using my old throttle cable that was on the slant six on my 360 and there doesnt seem to be enough adjustment. seems like i could use about an inch more of "play" the cable is long enough but i need some more use because i cant get wide open throttle with my carb....what gives?

You probably need one from a V-8, I used a 73 Duster 318 2bbl one in my 66 Valiant 4bbl, works nice!

You can buy a new cable from the Dodge dealer. It used to be sold as "small block V8 a-body" but now is called "Hemi throttle cable" for some reason. Regardless, it's cheap (~ $30) and it works perfectly.

PN is P4529112. :)

You can buy a new cable from the Dodge dealer. It used to be sold as "small block V8 a-body" but now is called "Hemi throttle cable" for some reason. Regardless, it's cheap (~ $30) and it works perfectly.

PN is P4529112. :)

ok, that looks like the route ill go, do you have one now? do you know how much cable "play" there is? 4 inches or so?

btw thanks for the part number, it came right up

ok, that looks like the route ill go, do you have one now? do you know how much cable "play" there is? 4 inches or so?

btw thanks for the part number, it came right up

There's at least 4". I use an Edelbrock 1406 carb with the Chrysler throttle adapter bracket and there's plenty of play left (3/4-1") at wide-open-throttle.

ok so were there different throttle cables from sland six to v-8? reason im asking is that im using my old throttle cable that was on the slant six on my 360 and there doesnt seem to be enough adjustment. seems like i could use about an inch more of "play" the cable is long enough but i need some more use because i cant get wide open throttle with my carb....what gives?

The difference between the lenngth of the cable and the length of its shieve
dictates the travel. You may find a way to shorten the shieve but I wont recommend it. Throttle cable is not something to start modifying.

-
Back