throttle linkage ??

-

RobertP

Reaction score
went to the track today finally, I've had the engine together and running since 2002. after 2 passes at 12.6 at 106 mph, i realized as soon as i shift into 3rd it really just lays over.

doing some checking while there. noticed when i press the pedal to the floor I'm only opening the butterflies 3/4's of the way. i have the lokar linkage on the car. tried every different setting couldn't get anymore out of it. who makes a correct linkage for our cars. this is just the universal setup. what is everyone else running?

who makes that throttle linkage and cable setup? I'm also running a full manual valve body so no need to worry about that.

that looks very close to what I'm running, it almost looks like that is the factory throttle cable with a different end on it at the carb.

mine has a threaded adjustment in the rear slide where it looks like yours is set and is adjusted by the slide.

i guess my main question is where to buy the plate at. i still have my factory throttle cable in the garage. it looks as if the back of your plate is designed to run the factory cable. as to where the lokar is designed to be used with there cable.

My throttle cable is stock 72 duster.The bracket I got from Summit(it,s an AED).I had to cut the throttle adjuster with a hacksaw on the side because the connector for my car wouldn,t fit through.Alls good and works well.If your gonna buy one,make sure it,s for Mopar as they sell many different Brand X ones also.Good luck.

P.S Yes the stock cable will adjust in the holder with an allen nut to tighten down.

stupid question that looking t your setup brings to mind. does your actual cable go down slightly? there is 2 holes in the demon linkage, just realized im using the top hole which will require more travel than the lower closer to the center shaft hole. just a thought, does this make sense? because my setup looks almost identical to yours. just using a lokar cable not stock.

Petty blue would u happen to have the part # on your throttle bracket ,the summit website only list ford,chevy or universal. Thanks i know this is a old post

-
Back