Throttle pedal/cable woes

-

Tackweld

Reaction score
Ok-here's the story..'68 Dart-360 Magnum w/single plane M1 & Holley 750 DP (1450). Bought the car last summer, drove it around-it seemed fast enough-somewhat. I just now got around to checking the pedal to the floor/all throttle plates wide open. Well, were about ~~70% on the Primarys and 0% for Secondarys. The cable set-up no good and this is where I need everybodys help. If the picture loads you can see the A) crappy set-up
B) severe angle of pull and C) how short the pull is. I know I will probably will have to buy something like a "Billet Throttle Cable Bracket" and a (correct me If my number is wrong here) 24" Lokar universal Throttle cable, but what to do about getting more cable pull length?? I'm not sure if this was a V8 or /6 car if that would make a diff. in the pedal travel.
Thanks for any help, Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0214.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 244
I'm not 100% sure, but if it was a /6, the cable may be too long. I believe the V-8 cable is shorter. Hope others chime in on this.

The cable length should be fine after you line up the mount with the linkage.
I'm sure someone on here has the solution part you need, so hang in there and give it a little time.

BTW, nice 6 cylinder you have there. JK :)

What Rick posted, plus a throttle lever stud. I had to extend/splice in a piece of metal to get it up to the proper location, if your/have a welder?
Then their`s the fancy bracket that bolts to the carb base.

When I needed more throttle pull I used a tubing cutter and tin snips to carefully shorten the shielding on the end of the cable on the carb end so it wouldn't bottom out against the bracket or the shielding that is mounted in the bracket.

I also have that same bracket and when I had my M1 I had to bend the bracket in closer to the carb to avoid the angle you have. I just put an adjustable wrench on the vertical part and bent it. It bent pretty easy.

Thanks for everyones help. I have ordered the Throttle Lever Extension and a pair of return springs. However I am still trying to find the Throttle Lever Stud that would fit the clevis at the end of the cable. I've looked at Jegs, Holley, Summit & Dorman. I did find a pic of the stud, I only need the cable side, as I have a 727 rmvb. I'll keep on the hunt for one or I'll make a suitable imposter.

Attachments

• faucet%20pics%20834.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 176
-
Back