Throttle Pressure Link Problem

-

mitch340Duster

Reaction score
Hey guys I've looked thru many posts on this stuff but still stuck on something. Anyone know the correct length for the TP link? 1970 Duster 340. The car had no top end on it when I got it (never again) but I can see this link in one of the original pictures so it's the same one that came in the car when i got it. It's way too short though. The picture is with the trans lever all the way forward and the link adjustment on both rods 1/2 way-ish but it's a full 2" off.
The link pictured is 11" from tip to tip.

Attachments

• linkage.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 176
The linkage is probably for a 2 barrel .. and not modified properly.

There's 3 ways to make it work,..

-Mickey Mouse but functional..-- Install a nut and bolt as a "stop" in the slide part,, and adjust it to push the rod all the way back,, making sure when your done,, that the throttle will return to closed.

-Lengthen the rod-, by welding a section in..

-Get the proper rod...

hope it helps

on a 2 bbl to 4 bbl swap to be done right needs many parts changed. heres a hint the pull pin on a 4 bbl is more forward and to the left than a 2 bbl. some times even the pull cable is longer. just do better research. be sure and get it right, else you have a WOT jam. the slot at idle should be full forward. the reason is if snow jams the linkage at the bottom so you can still close the throttle. it happened to me on 1954 chrysler new yorker 331 Hemi.

Thanks for the replies, guys. It's an H-code car so I dunno WTH.
As I mentioned ALL of the top end was gone when I got it so I don't know what may have been done in the past, although I haven't found anything on this car yet that wasn't 100% original. If anyone can look at their car and give me the correct length that would help so that I know what to look for.
I'm one of those "everything has to be correct" guys (also never again !) so the cable won't work for me. Cheers.

Someone makes an extension for the upper piece. Basically one end is male and one end is female. I think it gives you an extra couple inches of extension. Maybe Mancini Racing carries it? I just had my father-in-law machine me one.

-
Back