[WANTED] Throttle Solenoid

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

512Stroker

We are all here because we are not all there.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 340 application with factory A/C utilizing a 750CFM carb.
I am looking for a throttle solenoid that will kick up the idle when the A/C is on.
I know Edelbrock has one for $160, Is there another source?
Thanks in advance

I have used one for a Demon carb but had to fab up a bracket. Was still over a 100 bucks. If you have the Carter/Edelbrock carb just buy the correct one.

Depends if you are looking for brand specific product, or to adapt something. You can also just hit the local pick and pull. Most brands have them, and if not you can use no brand knock off or combine/ adapt other brand parts to suit your needs, to include making your own brackets, electric connections, etc. There is also the decision if you want to go with electric or vacuum. In this case I am assuming electric which could be rigged up to function well, as you can connect it to the ac compressor lead. I found brackets and solenoids that could be made to work both as cheap as 12-15 bucks.

Using Carborator idk or AC compensation solenoid key words, gets you all kinds of web hits for ideas. Here are a couple of links that may be helpful.

Carburetor Solenoids and Brackets

Edelbrock 8059: Air Conditioning Idle Compensator Kit Includes Throttle Solenoid and Bracket | JEGS

I have a bunch of junk thermoquads and I think I saw a solenoid on one the other day. Im going out of town for a few days but can pull one if you can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back