"Throwback Thursday".....

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, cosgig here! Just thought I'd have a little fun and post some throwback Thursday pics for y'all! Feel free to include yours!!!...

My first car....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 418
The 66 is the car in my avatar, the blue one I traded for my GTX, circa 1993...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 350
One that another member posted awhile back.
Notice the gas prices.

Attachments

• cali.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 350
How about this one from 56 years ago. How did such a cute kid end up being such an old goat.

Notice the old T.V. in the background.

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 336
A photo I found on the www of 1 st Ave of my home town about 54? (I think that's a 54 Olds I see there on the left)

Link is a fulls size shot

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6lFqL3aTBpQ/UqRDn-QQiYI/AAAAAAAA3wI/Kojo8S7PlS8/s1600/Sandpoint+Idaho.JPG

Larson's was a mens wear store, Jennestads down the street was clothing, Ross Rexall on the corner was the drugstore. The Chev / GMC truck at bottom left was an oil / gas truck that was parked in front of the "Signal" (later Shell) sign at left. This was the local oil distributor for Shell oil. In the fall of 67, a friend of mine and I were poopin around doin' nothing and starting to count gas stations, bars and churches in town. I don't remember who "won" but at the time there was roughly 20 of each, counting all independents of all sorts!!!

This was looking S on 1st Ave. This street is now one way traffic. Assuming this was 1954 I would have been 6 years old at the time

There were some interesting accidents at this corner. At the back of the photographer---this is an "L" intersection is a storefront---- before Dad and Mom were married, Mom worked at Penny's behind the photographer. One time Dad was coming toward the camera and lost a rear tire / wheel on his car. It came crashing through the window of the store, so Dad had to come in and pay!!!

On the left, the other side of the Signal sign, used to be the ID state liquor store. A log truck came around that corner toward the camera with a long load, a log wiped out a window!!! in the store. Pity any pedestrians on the sidewalk!!!!

Going the other way, in the late 60's this street was 4 lanes. A truck was turning, going the other direction, away from the camera, some kid tried to "beat the truck" around the corner, by Rexall drug. Didn't make it!!!

Attachments

• Sandpoint Idaho.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 339
Wow Cosgig, I love that old pedal car! It brings back memories of the one my parents bought me back in the 60's. After I got the car I never touched my pedal tractor, tricycle, or any other pedal toy again. I wore the tires off of that thing, I used it until I got my first bike when I was five.

Paul

"Tot Rods"!! They were awesome!! We loved those things too, and my bro and I would line up on each sidewalk and drag race each other! The wheels are probably still on someone's lawn, as we drove the wheels off also!!

That had to be the cats meow right there cosgig.
Looks like you had a groove mom and dad
Your 66 Barracuda sure turned out nice and you
put allot of work/love in it. Digging the picture of you
and your wife. Yes very nice indeed

Heres a blast from the past..my first car pictured in 1985..not a Mopar but I bought it from my Grandpa for $500 and a few lawn mowings one summer.
63 SS Nova/Chevy II Convertible

Attachments

• Todd's nova.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 249
A couple more pics on this throwback Thursday!! Uncle Greggy's 68 Coronet 500 convertible, sometime in the 90's I do believe! Traded it for the paint job on his pink Challenger! T-boned and scrapped soon after!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 199
Check out this gem, uncle Greggy's 1973 Formula 455 Firebird, sometime in the 80' I believe! Had the M21 "rock crusher" 4 speed! Sounded like it had a supercharger when it wound up through the gears!! Always loved that car!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 207
Here's my old 1979 Volare Roadrunner, sometime in the 90's! Great little car to drive! I think I paid $800 for it from my great old friend Mopar Joe!! Sure do miss that guy!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 197
Somebody found an old car of ours...contacted us for info & sent pics!! Not a Mopar :eek:ops:

It looked a lot different when we sold it...Damn that Poncho was FAST :)

Attachments

• Macho TA DKM17 (Small).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 190
Here is one of Dads OPP(Ontario Provincial Police) graduating class. Graduated in 1968 but photo was taken in 69 I believe. Great thread Geof and pics all!

Attachments

• Dads Opp Grad Class RB56 1969.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 176
-
Back