Throwout bearing

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Throwout, thrust, clutch fork bearing..?
Not sure of CORRECT term, but wanting to know how to check if it's good.. I ordered a new one, because I wasn't sure, but new one seems really tight and doesn't "spin" like the old one... Maybe that's the way it should be..? The old doesn't look worn out, but spins super easy, unlike the new.. Cam someone enlighten this green horn..?
Thanks..!

Throw up bearing LOL. New are prepacked with grease ( not easy to grease ) so they will be tight. Used goes away and gets noisy after the grease is gone. Old school diagnosis... If you hear a noise with clutch pedal depressed, thats the throw up bearing. If the noise reduces with clutch pedal depressed, thats the front bearing in the trans.

Throw up bearing LOL. New are prepacked with grease ( not easy to grease ) so they will be tight. Used goes away and gets noisy after the grease is gone. Old school diagnosis... If you hear a noise with clutch pedal depressed, thats the throw up bearing. If the noise reduces with clutch pedal depressed, thats the front bearing in the trans.
Thanks for your response.. I knew the noise diagnosis when pedal is depressed thing..but wasn't sure if there was a way of checking when it's in my hand.. Throw up bearing...lol

Thanks for your response.. I knew the noise diagnosis when pedal is depressed thing..but wasn't sure if there was a way of checking when it's in my hand.. Throw up bearing...lol
It feels like a good part but in the end it's all about the quality of materials used in it's construction. Horse power, etc,, can spin it much better than the human bean can in hand.
How long it will last... That is directly related to what you payed for it. Quality metals are far from cheap today. If it came from China, buy 1/2 dozen of them which would cost more than a quality part. Good luck

It feels like a good part but in the end it's all about the quality of materials used in it's construction. Horse power, etc,, can spin it much better than the human bean can in hand.
How long it will last... That is directly related to what you payed for it. Quality metals are far from cheap today. If it came from China, buy 1/2 dozen of them which would cost more than a quality part. Good luck
Well, it came from Brewers, so I'm confident.

-
Back