Thrust block dimensions for Sure-grip??

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
Can anybody give me the measurements to make some thrust blocks for my 8-3/4 Dana power lock sure-grip. I have the hardened rod and access to a lathe but don't know the measurements.

Thanks, Tracy

......Ill have 2 check 4 u.........I do know that total legnth is 1 3/8 in...........the block in the auburn is 1 1/2 in............kim

............here goes..........dia= .380thou.......total legnth= .730thou.......width of shoulder.130 thou........dia of shoulder=.630......I measured a used 1[slight wear] with digital calipers...........kim........

Tracy, I just went through this also. Had to make them in a pinch (torqueflite gov. valves and a mumbly peg from transgo shift kit :-D). I did find out Chrysler still has them and there are a few available yet. I'll post part number when I get to work tomorrow if you'd like.

Tracy, I just went through this also. Had to make them in a pinch (torqueflite gov. valves and a mumbly peg from transgo shift kit :-D). I did find out Chrysler still has them and there are a few available yet. I'll post part number when I get to work tomorrow if you'd like.

Hi Chris. I found them for $25 at Mancini's. I just like playing with the new lathe and figured I'd make them and get some practice on the lathe and save a few bucks at the same time. Thanks, Tracy

-
Back