Thumper cam in a 273 What do you think?

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just found this video. What do you think? tmm

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxS6bZPjmes"]1966 Valiant Thumpr Cam - YouTube[/ame]

Hey? what settings do I need to change to get the link to come up as a photo box?

The early part of the vid had a pretty high idle and sounded decent in my opinion. The latter part when it was put in gear for a time sounded a little too stout for a nice driver to me.

I know your looking to be a little more aggressive with your hyd choice, and that may be one to look at, but the unknown is how much initial timing was dialed into that, and how tight was the converter? I believe you are running a auto trans also Mike?

I'd think a 4spd application would love that, at least from what I heard there.

Rick's right. That cam is going to take a lot of initial timing,and some idle/off idle circuit tweaking. A looser than stock converter as well.

I'm running a mother thumpr cam in my 273 sounds a little wilder than that but I'm a 4speed with manual brakes and 3" pipes/flowmaster. For what it is my car pulls strong..

I'll try to post video when I finish my headers.

ran one in my 318. excellent torque curve but you'll need a 2500 stall at least.

-
Back