Thunder In The Valley drag race pictures

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
i attended Thunder In The Valley in Port Alberni BC again this year, met a couple members from the site. i got to meet 'Rob' as well as '416todd' i believe the name is, either way it was great meeting both of you! both super nice guys. anyways here are some pics i took. the pics of the track arent great as my camera doesnt have the greatest of zoom, but got a few good shots. there are a few pics of a Fairlane that was lifting the front wheels, the guy said he was running a smallblock in it.

DSC01491.jpg

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01496.jpg

DSC01497.jpg

DSC01498.jpg

DSC01499.jpg

DSC01500.jpg

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01502.jpg

DSC01503.jpg

DSC01450.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

DSC01452.jpg

DSC01453.jpg

DSC01454.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

DSC01457.jpg

i attended Thunder In The Valley in Port Alberni BC again this year, met a couple members from the site. i got to meet 'Rob' as well as '416todd' i believe the name is, either way it was great meeting both of you! both super nice guys. anyways here are some pics i took. the pics of the track arent great as my camera doesnt have the greatest of zoom, but got a few good shots. there are a few pics of a Fairlane that was lifting the front wheels, the guy said he was running a smallblock in it.

Hey Mike...sorry I missed you. I met Todd (416Todd) as well. Real nice guy...very talkative during a between-rounds jet-change thrash.

I heard the teal Fairlane had a big block F*rd, 429 possibly. It had a Lenco trans anyway.

Did you hear about the hi-way crash of the copper '70 GTX on the way home, down Island? We got to the crash scene about 5 minutes after it happened. It was at the bottom of the hill from Country Maples Campsite, just before the bridge, north of Duncan. GTX stayed on the trailer, but the tow vehicle was upside-down between the concrete barriers. Didnt look good.Don't know how the occupants are doing. Hope they arent hurt too bad. Anyone have an update?

Anyhoo, was a great time, as always.Weather cooperated,ie, no rain...warm temps. GREAT RACING!!!! Peter Wille's '68 SS/AA Barracuda was awesome. That Ray Barton HEMI cooks!!

Thanks for taking pics. I took a few, but got so caught up in the activities, I forgot to take more. Duh.

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01496.jpg

I was all set to head over there Saturday morning, until I got a call Friday afternoon to inform me that a good buddy had just showed up from the Mainland.

Couldn't really abandon him all day, so had to stay in town and entertain disgust .

Looks like a good turn out. Lots of Darts. Next year...................

Sure hope the folks with the GTX made it OK.

I didn't hear about the GTX accident, hope they're ok. I did get to meet Mike finally, good guy, we'll have to get together for a beer sometime Mike. I didn't know any other members were there. Nice work taking pictures Mike, I didn't see all those cars run unfortunately.

Thanks for sharing the pics, looks like a neat place for a track. Looks from your car shows and meets over there the island people really know how to have a good time:cheers:

-
Back