Thunder in the Valley

-

Rob

Reaction score
I don't know if any of our island guys made it to the races, the weather was pretty bad all around but it cleared and the races went on starting around 1:30. This is our annual hijack the airport strip for the weekend and do some racing, 4 classes, street, mod, pro and door slammers, the later are 7 second cars at around 180 mph.

Some great A-bodies there and lots of other great cars

DSC03779.jpg

DSC03783.jpg

DSC03777.jpg

DSC03776.jpg

DSC03775.jpg

DSC03785.jpg

DSC03778.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

DSC03780.jpg

DSC03781.jpg

DSC03774.jpg

DSC03768.jpg

DSC03765.jpg

DSC03766.jpg

DSC03788.jpg

No comments, not even on that Swinger and Demon?? How spoiled are you guys? :munky2:

I just got back in from work and saw this, The demon is absolutely killer. And the swinger is really cool. Looks like one badass event!!!

The Demon was incredible, the body and paint on both were amazing, the Dart's a mid 12 second car, the Demon's a bit quicker, I want it :-D

What a great day Rob :cheers:
Looks like The Envestors Group has it going on big time =P~=P~
That glass 57 chevy looks familiar, seems I have seen it here in the states a couple years ago. Did you get a picture of the white valiant behind the red Dart swinger, Looks interesting =P~ There is something about a white race car that I like, Looks like the name on the tailor is Wright :happy10:
Some big boys showed up and enjoyed this race :cheers: thank you for sharing :happy10:

Here you go Mike, there were a few other A-bodies that I couldn't get a picture of for one reason or another but I did get that one :toothy10:

DSC03782.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Rob.

When I woke up to that rain storm, I wasn't going to venture over The Hump. The Dart doesn't like the rain, and I didn't feel like driving the truck.

Oh well, maybe next year. But then, I've said that every year. I still haven't made it over there for the drags.

Gotta love the front rims on that '57 Chev, tho.

Thanks for the pics, Rob.

When I woke up to that rain storm, I wasn't going to venture over The Hump. The Dart doesn't like the rain, and I didn't feel like driving the truck.

Oh well, maybe next year. But then, I've said that every year. I still haven't made it over there for the drags.

Gotta love the front rims on that '57 Chev, tho.

I'm not surprised you didn't venture out, it was raining everywhere but there as it turns out. We weren't going to go either but my wife called the tourism office in Port, they said it's barely raining and the president of the club fully expects to race so away we went.

Yeah those are some crazy rims :-D

WOW. Thanks for the pics!!! Those RED A-bodies looked terrific!! That 69 was SEXY as well!!!

Here you go Mike, there were a few other A-bodies that I couldn't get a picture of for one reason or another but I did get that one :toothy10:

DSC03782.jpg

Well make my wish come true :cheers: Thank you Rob :happy10:
Garth Write painted it right and painted it white :thumbrig: I bet it's a dandy =P~:burnout:
Just not crazy about the stripe :angry7: Less is more I say :rock:

I'm not crazy about the lightning like strip either Mike but still it's a very nice car. I can't remember what it ran?

Garths car usually runs low 5s to high 4s here at Western whatever that equals , surprised Grahems swinger only runs 12s he was running that fast on the old motor before he spent $$$ for a rollerized w2 based stroker in it now I would have thought low 11s maybe high 10s oh well just proves bucks mean nothing if you spend em at the wrong engine - tranny builder eh

Garths car usually runs low 5s to high 4s here at Western whatever that equals , surprised Grahems swinger only runs 12s he was running that fast on the old motor before he spent $$$ for a rollerized w2 based stroker in it now I would have thought low 11s maybe high 10s oh well just proves bucks mean nothing if you spend em at the wrong engine - tranny builder eh

I think Western is about 600 feet? The Swinger ran a 12.5 when I was paying attention, it looked like a good run but if you say it's a quicker car than that I wouldn't be at all surprised. This Duster ran a 10.50 right in front of my nose :burnout:

DSC03785.jpg

-
Back