Thunderstorm

-

MB43

Reaction score
Holy crap, this storm must be sitting right on top of my house. I'm seeing lightning in the front & backyard at the same time and hearing the thunder as soon as I see the flash. It's so bad that I can't see my neighbor's house behind me, about 100 feet from my back door.

My dog is totally freaked out, she was hiding behind my chair in the den, when the last big boom went off she came flying out of there and jumped up on my lap. She's not a big dog, but not a small dog either. So I had my laptop of my lap, along with the dog who was trying to climb into my shirt. I threw her off, she went into the bathroom and tried to hide behind the toilet. Then I went out for a smoke, she followed me out into the garage and tried to hide under the workbench (can't fit), then poked her head into the bottom of my tool box (can't fit), then went over and tried to hide in the corner. Then another big boom, she jumped up and ran in circles. I feel really bad for her but it's pretty damn funny at the same time. I've got the TV's cranked up so she won't hear the thunder but it's so damn loud and constant I can't drown it out.

Crazy... the weather has been nuts this summer, it's kinda like Florida weather. Gets hot, rains in the afternoon then gets hot again.

That's it, just wanted to ramble for a few minutes. 8)

Since I'm just a tad south of ya, I have been seeing lots-o-lighting all night, barley any rain. It's a great show out there tonight.

Of course you didn't have any rain, the storm was right over my house. ;-)

Last week I was down in Patchogue sitting at a resturant on the water. We were watching the lightning off in the distance (back towards home), the whole sky was lit up. But it never came any closer so we got a free show all night.

My dog is wiped out this morning. She's still upstairs sleeping, upside down and snoring away. I guess running from hiding place to hiding place, panting and drooling takes a lot out of you. ;-)

Years ago after building our house, we had a bad thunderstorm, and put our dog in the cellar. He was right up to the top step in no time. We would hear snapping from the cellar, but couldn't figure out what it was. One night I went down to the freezer during a storm, and when lightning struck nearby, there was a small flash of light by the cellar floor. Our house is built on ledge, and apparently it would follow the ledge into the floor, and snap. No wonder "Ol Zippy" didn't like it down there.

During thunderstorms, I like to go to the top of a big hill nearby that overlooks town, and watch nature's fireworks. Tim

:sad1:About two years ago we had a earth quake in the middle of the night.
I did not even know about it till the new's said what happened the next morning.
That explained why boogie peed on me and my pillow that night.:scratch:

I did not even know about it till the new's said what happened the next morning.

lmfao#-o

Mike, that just re-enforces my favorite moto in life: "Better pissed off than pissed on!" :cheers:

You Long Island guys will know where I'm talking about. In the early 90's I was driving truck from CT out to exit 57 on the LIE every night. One evening I watched a lightening show out over the sound and the Island as I drove down RT 95 in Ct. It hadn't let up much by the time I got to the Glen Cove Rd exit on the LIE. I was about a 1/2 mile before it when a Lightening bolt came down and hit the hugh, and tall, light poll that was there. It sent sparks flying for what seemed like 200 feet in all directions. I didn't enjoy that light show as much after that as I knew I would soon be out of my truck and out in the open.

Mike, that just re-enforces my favorite moto in life: "Better pissed off than pissed on!" :cheers:

Well I got pissed off and pissed on all in one night.8)
Jumped in the shower and went back to bed.
then I herd about the earthquake the next morning and
gave boogie a treat and let her sit in my lap all morning.
Yep!! every one had a good laugh out of it.

-
Back