Tie rod ends

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Evening folks,
I am starting to rebuild my front end while it's still too cold to do much bodywork so expect a few questions from me.
Tonight, I have seen references to "heavy duty" tie rod ends and sleeves. ESPO even offers a HD option for an additional $$ for the tie rod sleeve. Is there an application that I can substitute for my '72 Duster that will be HD? If so, what is it?
Thanks,
C

I used the Heavy duty units from just suspension on My 72 Dart .These are simply the heavier I believe 9/16" tie rod ends from larger chryslers .No modifications were needed to the other steering components. With the solid sleeves this should provide far less deflection for better cornering . I also boxed in the lower control arms . If you don't intend on going around corners fast it's really not necessary .

Dart 08 068.JPG

I would have assumed that everyone by now knows that C body tie rod ends are used as HD replacements.

Like the guys have said, you can use C-body tie rod ends, they are larger at the threaded end but will still work with your spindles. Solid sleeves with jam nuts (versus the open sleeve with clamps) are available from Year One and most of the high end suspension companies. Make sure you specify the larger diameter tie rod ends when ordering. Lol! For an inexpensive way to beef up your LCA, the reinforcement plates that jomoper used are available from Mancini Racing.

Thanks for the info guys :cheers:. Andy, please don't assume! New people come on line all the time. While I have a fair amount of old car experience, this is my first A body... Now I need to find out what the C bodies were!
C

-
Back