time for a little rant!

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
Just wondering if other people feel the same way as I do. A young man will put on a uniform, go to god only knows where to protect our freedom get paid about $50,000.00 and when he gets home he is soon forgotten about. Another young man will put on a uniform, play a professional sport, make 50,000,000.00 and will be a national hero. That just does not make any sense to me. My son in law is in the military is as far as I am concerned is MUCH more of a hero than ANY pro athlete. As we are giving thanks this holiday take a moment to thank the heroes that are away serving their country.

Amen to that brother,...My stepson has been serving for 3 years now,...

to all,...take a moment tomorrow,...Lest we forget...

Great rant totally true. When I was in during the end of the cold war I served in Germany. Im embarrassed when someone at an event ask for veterans to raise there hand if they served. Veterans of the past 20 plus years are all heros. by the way do they really make $ 50k a year.

Sports and the athletes mean NOTHING to me ,its just a game.
It is NOT a game for the solders that protect our freedom.
This is how I feel!
Darryl

when I got out of Vietnam I was making less than $100 a week as an E-4 Infantry. Glad to hear they are getting paid better now,Joe

Piss on a bunch of overpaid crybabies,sick of pro sports. Got better things to do on Sundays.Dont need to live my life vicariously thru someone else.Yep the true heroes are unrecognized.

Well said , God bless and protect our true heros.

All Pro Athletes Are Over Paid! Bless all those who served.

Sports and the athletes mean NOTHING to me ,its just a game.
It is NOT a game for the solders that protect our freedom.
This is how I feel!
Darryl
Yep.....they get paid unbelievable amount of money to play a game that many of us played in an empty lot when we were kids. Sure, they are talented.....but millions of dollars a year? And how many of them whine like a little ***** when they have the slightest of injuries? Better yet look at how many of have dui's, domestic violence issues etc?

As far as I'm concerned you are not ranting you are telling the honest true.
And I agree with you 100%. Our military people don't get enough credit for the job they do.
I wish more people would realize it!
THANK YOU!

Well said dartman, and thanks to your son for his service.

All I can say is that PSC rewards all active and retired military personnel with a 15% labor discount across the board. Professional athletes always pay full price. :-D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And thanks again to all the military out there protecting our freedoms.

Agreed 110%!! Not all may agree with me, but I think a draft should still exist! There is a price to pay for freedom, and sometimes that is paid with their life!

Agreed 110%!! Not all may agree with me, but I think a draft should still exist! There is a price to pay for freedom, and sometimes that is paid with their life!

Re-instating the draft isn't such a bad idea. Everyone should serve their country to gain an understanding of why we fight for freedom.

Right on point with your rant, dartman.
I'm thankful every day for the heroes in our military. They voluntarily put their lives on the line to protect our way of life. They're all total heroes in my book...the ones who served before and those who serve today.

good point! in the roman days the soldiers got to watch the athletes get eaten by the lions....the soldiers were worshiped......

Well said dartman, and thanks to your son for his service.

All I can say is that PSC rewards all active and retired military personnel with a 15% labor discount across the board. Professional athletes always pay full price. :-D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And thanks again to all the military out there protecting our freedoms.

Leanna, Thank you for rewarding military personnel with a wonderful discount...not many businesses do that anymore..it is greatly appreciated...thank you Leanna....

Just wondering if other people feel the same way as I do. A young man will put on a uniform, go to god only knows where to protect our freedom get paid about $50,000.00 and when he gets home he is soon forgotten about. Another young man will put on a uniform, play a professional sport, make 50,000,000.00 and will be a national hero. That just does not make any sense to me. My son in law is in the military is as far as I am concerned is MUCH more of a hero than ANY pro athlete. As we are giving thanks this holiday take a moment to thank the heroes that are away serving their country.

Well said and couldn't agree more!

As the old saying goes "If you can read this thank a teacher. If you can read this in English thank a Vet."

$50,000 a year? In 1968 when I was released from active duty as an E-4 I made $99.10 every two weeks. Maybe I outta reenlist! :)

Benji

Did anyone notice everyone got all up in arms when the NFL refs were on strike? Even the President and Governors were saying settle it. THIS WAS OVER A FOOTBALL GAME! The teachers in Chicago were on strike and nobody said to the school boards get back to the table and settle it! These are the people teaching kids. Our priorities as nation are out of wack.

-
Back