Time for a NEW car!!

-
I've driven all 3 as demo's since I work at a dealership.
Keep in mind, they were all used, that was the only way I can get my pick.
But, I was in them for at least 2-3 months at a time before I switched.
The Camaro, CONS: kept hitting my head on the roof getting in and out of it. Wasn't comfortable to drive at all. The console and gauges just didn't "flow" well for me. Line of sight was horrible. ONSTAR.
PROS: It got a lot of attention, it did have decent pick up, seemed to perform well, wasn't super bad on gas. ONSTAR. In both cases I both liked and hated ONSTAR, but keep in mind, I had the car in demo service and didn't want to register the service. But that is just it, you have to pay for it. When I told the ONSTAR people who came on and scared the hell out of me, that the car was a demo, they activated the service free so that potential buyers could see how it works. I just don't like big brother watching me, being able to shut a car down at any time without my say so.
Mustang:
PROS:Was easy to get in and out of, comfortable to drive, great pick up, instrument and console had easy feel and flow. you could put someone in the back seat, over all a nice car. I liked it.
CONS: There are a lot of them out there, so easy to get lost in the mix, didn't care for little side glass as they are huge blind spots. Car I had did have some brake issues. keep in mind it was used.
Challenger:
got it with low miles, less than 30K w/5.7 variable displacement
PROS: easy to get in and out of, man did that car get some attention, had great pick up and go. Handled well, and the dash layout was good. You could put someone in the back seat if you had to.
Cons: the car I had was white. The tires would be pricey to replace, the attention I was getting was pissing my wife off.
That's the best I could do there.
I had a love/hate thing for ONSTAR it's a good idea gone overboard. The attention I was getting was from the older set, didn't bother me as I'm there with them, but my wife didn't care for the "cougars". I didn't have the Challenger as long as the Mustang and I didn't the Camaro long at all. All 3 of these cars have sold. I generally get some of the higher end used cars because the GM here knows I can put them thru their paces. I had a 2013 EVO a few weeks ago.
In the end I like what I'm driving now, a loaded up Town & Country. I can see, it seats 7 and gets great gas.

-
Back