Time for a NEW car!!

-
well u said u r chevy guy at heart
so buy the gaymaro
and leave the mopars to real mopar guys

Sure is a lot of hate goin on in this thread lol. For me, the Challenger is the only one I would pick. The new Mustang is ugly as hell. Ford had something good going with the Mustang the last few years but they really screwed the pooch on this last redesign. The Gaymaro isn't even in the ballpark. Car is just not attractive to me. Flame Away!!

The challenger may not be the fasted, but it sure has them beat looks wise.
I had three of them two 09's and a 2013 all RT 6speed's they were fun!!!
But then i went back to a 68 barracuda. LOL
Cant beat Old school!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm goin with an srt8 in plum crazy. Drove a new 2014 SS and the tranny was terrible never shifted smooth at all. Power was great an comfort was also. It was the 2le so had zl1 suspension so handled like a dream but no rear visibility like you guys said. I will hopefully go get one in the summer months when I have time to travel away from the dealers close to ft Carson their prices are about3k higher than Denver and all

The better question should be..what have folks bought when testing out all three ...

The better question should be..what have folks bought when testing out all three ...

Yes, you need to test all three to make a good decision.

Be sure you take 2 friends with you, especially when you drive the Mustang. lol

Dallas

Forget all those Pony Cars and get one of these ...

Attachments

• IMG_2000_2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 145
Ok so the time has come for a NEW car. I how been looking around and narrowed my choice to a 2013 Challenger R/T Plus or a 2014 Camaro SS. I admit I'm a Chevy guy at heart but the Challenger blew me away with the interior space. What do you guys think about both? Pros and cons on both. And no I will not buy a mustang.

It's your money, man. Buy what you want. The opinions expressed here are just that, opinions.

My personal opinion is that you can't go wrong with anyone them. eventually, all three will become collectible.

Best of luck, to ya.

Well I had a2010 ChallengerR/T 6spd and it was a fun car.. Sad thing is it was just a rebodied 300. Drove the same except for changing gears. So why not save the money and just get a 300 as it is the same thing.

My brother in law has a new 2SS Camaro and I have to say I love driving that car. I do not have any issue with fit init as I am 6' 1" and 230lbs. As far as having a blind spot I really did not notice it. I for one would not own anything Ford ever again.. Been through that in the past and will not go back there.

The Mustake and the Camaro are the only ones that are built on it's own platform unlike the Challenger that is built off of the 300.

To each his own but if it was me I would go for a SS Camaro and enjoy it. I did notice poeple quoting speed and track times here so I have to ask you are you buying a new car to race or to use daily and enjoy?

Oh and to the poster above I have owned 2 SSR's. And I can say I will own another one. I loved that truck...

Attachments

• 81206003Large.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 141
As far as having a blind spot I really did not notice it.

a lot of guys complain about a blind spot in the challenger also. its all about the proper mirror adjustment in my opinion and maybe even those little blind spot mirrors

I find it funny every time I read a comment about the new Challenger being "just a re-bodied 300C". Take into consideration that our beloved A-bodies (as long as they are the same wheelbase) are nearly identical underpinnings as long as they were optioned the same. Same goes for B-bodies, and C-bodies. E-body underpinnings were also the same design, just different size. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the only thing that differentiated them from another the body and minor option differences? I guess everyone expects every single car produced to be something totally different from the everything else? I'm sure Mopar could do that but it'd reflect it on the price tag, then everybody would be screaming bloody murder about how they cost too much

I find it funny every time I read a comment about the new Challenger being "just a re-bodied 300C". Take into consideration that our beloved A-bodies (as long as they are the same wheelbase) are nearly identical underpinnings as long as they were optioned the same. Same goes for B-bodies, and C-bodies. E-body underpinnings were also the same design, just different size. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the only thing that differentiated them from another the body and minor option differences? I guess everyone expects every single car produced to be something totally different from the everything else? I'm sure Mopar could do that but it'd reflect it on the price tag, then everybody would be screaming bloody murder about how they cost too much

No i just would think for a car between 40-60k it would have been built from scratch instead of a rebody.

I've had Camaros as rental cars and even the six cyl (300 HP) is pretty impressive but the view out of the car is horrible. Those side windows are nothing more than a slit and the rear window is tiny too. You are going to use your side view mirrors all of the time here as looking out of the passenger side window is useless if you have someone just behind you as the C pillar blocks your view. Jus my opinion.

No i just would think for a car between 40-60k it would have been built from scratch instead of a rebody.

40-60K! You must be talking about a loaded to the hilt SRT-8 at 60K. I have a buddy that bought a new SRT-8 that I believe has almost every option available. I'll have to ask him again what he paid for it but I don't believe it was over $50k. When talking Challengers in general I've seen V6 Challengers as cheap as $24,000. As Trop pointed out the Camaro is a re-bodied Holden and it's price is in line with a Challenger. The Mustang has always been it's own car so granted it isn't re-bodied

-
Back