Time machines

-
Of course even if such technology (as the machine) existed, you could never do so. Because ANY interaction you do, say, etc will effect the "space time continuum". And it would change the future forever. In fact, it might change the future (your present) so much, you might not even be able to return.

Yes, but you wouldn't know it was different, because it would be your new past.
For all we know it's been done and some or all of our pasts have already been altered.
This is going to sound a bit out there, but I have a theory that the "time machine" is built into our minds and not a "machine" at all.
Quantum physics dictates that the past, present and future all are happening simultaneously, and it is already proven that the human mind has measurable physical effects on matter and therefore reality at a sub atomic level.
Hey, it's not any stranger than suggesting we might all be just a simulation running.:D

Anyway:D my past has near zero regrets, and I could happily go back to most any year/s except when I was serving, but even those years were something I wouldn't want to give up.

Pictures? Helps with the memories

IMG_20181022_204749.jpg

Yes, but you wouldn't know it was different, because it would be your new past.
For all we know it's been done and some or all of our pasts have already been altered.
This is going to sound a bit out there, but I have a theory that the "time machine" is built into our minds and not a "machine" at all.
Quantum physics dictates that the past, present and future all are happening simultaneously, and it is already proven that the human mind has measurable physical effects on matter and therefore reality at a sub atomic level.
Hey, it's not any stranger than suggesting we might all be just a simulation running.:D

Anyway:D my past has near zero regrets, and I could happily go back to most any year/s except when I was serving, but even those years were something I wouldn't want to give up.
Nah, you would know it was different because it would be a new timeline that was different than the one you left. Time isn’t one line only, parallel paths can exist. If you leave one path and enter the past, it creates another that becomes different but separate from the first one. It doesn’t replace it.

If it didn’t create a separate timeline, it would be a time paradox like if you went back in time and killed your father. But then you wouldn’t exist and therefore couldn’t go back in time to kill your father.

Nah, you would know it was different because it would be a new timeline that was different than the one you left. Time isn’t one line only, parallel paths can exist. If you leave one path and enter the past, it creates another that becomes different but separate from the first one. It doesn’t replace it.

If it didn’t create a separate timeline, it would be a time paradox like if you went back in time and killed your father. But then you wouldn’t exist and therefore couldn’t go back in time to kill your father.

But I suspect that the new timeline would be your new reality along with your new past.

-
Back