Time to batten down the hatches, again!

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yup, here we go again. The weather forecast is a little different depending on where you look, but, they are calling for up to 24 inch's of snow with 60 mph winds tonight. The plow is already on the truck and I have lots of firewood and beer. Sure sounds like fun, doesn't it. I sure will be glad when this winter is over.

Jack

This has been a bad winter. Even down here in the south-east corner of Michigan, record snow fall, record low temps as well. Stay warm and well, spring is on it's way!

We have flooding and high wind warnings in the forecast. Week and a half ago it was snow, then freezing rain. Yup, got my essentials too (beer, firewood) Got the pellet stove running in the garage. Just doing some organizing and trying out some rust removal via electrolysis. My li'l wifey says she's gonna make us a prime rib roast this eve...

I hear you Jack! I like you will be glad when this white hell ends. :violent1:

I was in Cuba last night flying to Toronto. The flight to Moncton scheduled to leave at 00:15 was already delayed at 22:00. I think those poor people were going to have to spend the night and maybe more in that terrible airport. At least it was nice and warm.

its been bad Jack....very cold September and I've gone through a shitload of firewood already. Seems to storm every Thursday , cold, then warms and rain, then sub zero cold again..boy it's a weird winter

seems were gonna get 25mm of rain tonight...add that to the 40mm we got yesterday,. I work in Hydro electricity and water control has been a *****

You guys in N.B. are gettin the storm we have now. Started here about noon. I'm right on the edge of the 6 to 10 line. Got beer, movies, and Pam just made It home for the day. I just bought a new Toro snowblower this fall,...This is quite possibly the best invention ever. Last week I was skiing in Northwest Mass, and next week I'll be at Mt Bachelor in Oregon. I love this stuff, but maybe I'm half a bubble off plumb...

It's been a harsh winter for sure this year. I don't remember one quite this bad.
I'm in Cincinnati, winter's are usually fairly mild, we get about 3 week of bad weather tops. There's been snow on the ground constantly since before thanksgiving. I've forgotten what grass looks like.

We have had over 50 inches of snow here in north Delaware and consistent low temperature all winter. Finally got my wood stove hooked up. Burning through some wood! Better than the oil burner that went through a tank and a quarter already. At close to $4.00 a gallon they can keep it!

We just had a 2 ft snow fall and then the winds kicked in I had a 4 ft. drift between the house and the garage where the truck and 6'snow blower on the tractor are..Then I just get it all clened up and the wind started in again and drifted everything shut again...Ahhh the great North East ya gotta love it...Bill

We,re getting light snow again today.Forecast this week is plus 3,4,5 I hope this stuff melts slowly,if not we,ll have some major flooding.

Well it looks like the worst is over for us here in NB. Time to get the snowblower out and see if I can find my driveway again. Wish me luck as I have some really big drifts to go through.

The storm totals are in. We got just about 2 feet. The drifts are up to 5 feet. I started plowing the driveway and sure enough, I got stuck. I wasn't watching what I was doing and backed into the snowbank hard enough to get it hung up. In the process of getting unstuck I lost my four wheel drive. I suspect one of the solinoids took a dump. I will see if I can get it fixed tomorrow and finish plowing the driveway. What a PITA.

Jack

Thats why I put the 6ft snowblower on my tractor..Yeah its cold but you got to dress for the weather. But they way the wind blows I dont have to worry about huge piles of snow...I blow it 30-40 ft. into the air and the wind takes it away...Its a win win for me...Bill

-
Back