Reaction score
Well since I have one that a buddy gave me it’s time to pass this one on
Put new brushes in and it runs like new
I bought this sawzall from a old lumber yard back in the late seventies
Made in America back then
Wasn’t cheap and I paid the guy a little every week until it was paid off
Now just run down to HD or Lowe’s and have half a dozen to pick from

IMG_1208.jpeg

Think hes just talking about a beautiful piece of equipment. looks like its all metal!

From the Golden era of Milwaukee tools. Just enough metal body to be heavy duty, just enough plastic body to stay light weight. My dad has a couple hole shooter drills from this era and they refuse to die. My favorite feature is the most recent one he bought at a garage sale had a damaged power cord so he paid I think $5 for it. What most don't know is that it's a replaceable cord, you can grab it at its base and do a 1/4 turn and it pops put and the official milwaukee replacement cord is on Amazon for $20
my dad got a great hole shooter for roughly $25 and the quality is way better than the bosch I bought for my house 4 years ago. And I paid I think 3 times as much.

Dad had a craftsman drill, all metal body. Now I have his craftsman drill. Don't know how many of my "new" tools i'll be able to pass on.

Well since I have one that a buddy gave me it’s time to pass this one on
Put new brushes in and it runs like new
I bought this sawzall from a old lumber yard back in the late seventies
Made in America back then
Wasn’t cheap and I paid the guy a little every week until it was paid off
Now just run down to HD or Lowe’s and have half a dozen to pick from

View attachment 1716084736
They don't make them like that anymore. Very good quality.
I inherited one of those from my dad, it will probably last and I will pass it down to one of my son's.

I found one of those burried in the sand on a construction site. It had been there for at least a year. I brought it home, tore it down, cleaned it up and replaced the bearings and brushes. Still working today...........And that was 30 years ago.

They don't make them like that anymore. Very good quality.
I inherited one of those from my dad, it will probably last and I will pass it down to one of my son's.
My tools hold special meaning's for me and im sure they do for you as well.
My wife's grandfather was a carpenter and he helped me with this beat up house my wife and I bought in 1976
He had an account at a local lumber yard and I went there with him often.
He introduced me to the owners and yard men at that yard and when he stopped working the yard owners let me have my own account based on the fact that the old man was my grandfather through marriage
Thats the way things (as im again sure you know) were done back then.
Back at that time everything was done with cash and I was in that yard often, so at the end of the week when I got paid and cashed my check, id stop by the yard and square away my account
That Milwaukee tool helped me rebuild my house and did double duty on some side welding jobs I did
Today I replaced the brush and its working great
My son is getting it now
Thanks Fish for reading this

I can certainly understand the sentimental feeling towards good tools. I was given a lot of older 70s vintage craftsman tools from my adoptive dad. He was never the mechanic type but in those days it seems like everyone had a good tool set because that is just how America was. The days when people towed trailers with station wagons.

I use newer husky tools out in the shop and I have retired most of the old craftsman stuff because if it breaks or fails, Lowes replaces it with a china tool of mysterious quality. I know the husky brand isn't the best but if any of it fails I can get a direct replacement with the same item, no trading up or down, very easy.

It's kind of weird how my dad thought my then new craftsman tools were cheap 15 - 20 years ago and now that is the good stuff compared to now. I got a lot of craftsman stuff when I worked at sears around the 2007 to 2010 era and now that stuff makes me feel more comfortable than Lowes era craftsman of today. I really don't like the bright red packaging and presentation Lowes has set up right now, so much so that i took my money to home depot to stock my new shop addition.

Tools are special, they do a lot of good for us.

My GrandPa had Old School Craftsman tools. I don't know what happened to them, guess my uncle got em I don't know. The new Lowes/ ChinaCraft is kinda crappy, and Honestly, I went the same way You did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back