Time to redo the beast right this time

-

67 prostreet gt

Reaction score
As most of ya know the beast is a 1968 dodge dart clone that I have been picking at for about 3 years now. So far it's been all mechanical and what not to get her driveable. The engine has been replaced with a monster 526 pump gas motor and a transbrake 727 replaces the old clutchflite ( how many remember those now) but this time she is going to get a complete face lift and she won't look to same anymore lol

The plan right now is to attend one more car show on September 28th and that night the goal is to have very square inch of wiring pulled out of her along with the front suspension and steering column and the rear ladder bars and all the body panels if it can be removed without cutting it off it is coming off

All the undercarriage items so far according to the plan is get everything suspension wise powder coated neon green and the trim work is going to be a black chrome powder coating. The interior will be redone the seats being replaced with viper seats from a 2004 viper seat and there will be carpeting in it .............. Finally. And finally the outside will be modified by replacing all the fiberglass fenders with steel parts and then paint it all a satin gunmetal grey with a little bit of green in it. The hood will be replaced with a coal induction hood all steel

Pictures below is what she looks like now

When I pull all the fiberglass off it will be for sale or trade for their steel counterparts

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 602
  • photo_002.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 606
  • photo_003.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 604
  • photo_004.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 595
  • photo_005.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 614
  • photo_007.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 620
Ya should be even meaner when it's done I'm trying to have it done by motorama down in Harrisburg pa this February

This is the colors for the project

The color for the main body is the rc car body gunmetal grey

All the trim pieces - grilles taillight bezels and the window trim will be black chrome powder coating

All the suspension and under the car pieces will be the neon green

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 562
  • photo_002.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 571
  • photo_003.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 591
Took the car out for one of the last times before I tear her apart again lol

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 488
  • photo_002.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 519
I think the car looks great now. Its gonna be "off the hook" when youre done.

Fiberglass front end available for trade for steel fenders and hood trunk lid is also available for trade for its steel counterpart and its hinges too

You asked therefore u shall receive

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 457
  • photo_002.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 490
  • photo_003.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 465
  • photo_004.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 455
  • photo_005.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 441
  • photo_006.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 468
  • photo_007.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 474
Sweplines are way cool.
Here is a pic of my daily driver for 5 years.
Got to love the huge fender wells.
I took one spring out of the front and it sit about the same as the rear after the pic was taken.
Wood was re-done in the bed with a slick coat of polyurthane.

It got totaled about 4 months after the pic.

truck52006.jpg

At 525 am this morning the beast roared for the last time as a Kia SUV t boned me and my brother, my brother dalton is currently being air flown out to Altoona for trauma

This is the first I have read of your thread and was not expecting your last couple of replies. What a loss, hope your brother is ok.

Damn! Just got goosebumps reading this post! Prayers for your brother and yourself! God is the Great Provider.

OMG!! Man I'm so sorry. Prayers for your brother. I'm in NC, but if there's anything I can do just ask.
Martin

-
Back