Time to see how well Speedmaster takes care of issues.

-
They won't be any worse than EQ out of Nevada .....

Would have been better if it was a constipation problem instead of the tokyo trouts.
it's an interesting east meets west match up with the tokyo trouts winning their last 7 of 11 games headed into this tilt against the mighty Cleveland Constipation who are just on an absolute tear at 6 of their last 10 coming against stiffer competition.

the trouts boast a beefy line up of slick operators that are really swinging the lumber in the yard so one hopes that Cleveland can squeeze out a few wins in this series without straining too hard. this shouldn't prove hard for the Constipations; their line up is chock full of meat and potatoes guys providing back up to their wildly popular closer Nacho Sanchez-Como who is lovingly called "the tijuana truck stop burrito" by team mates because of his spicy personality and smooth moves.

betting has them near dead locked at +110/-115 with 3.5 run spread, so either is live dog bet friends.

I told you guys last week about the chambers of both heads not being relieved for valve clearance. Well I fixed that issue and started cutting the valve seats for 2.055 valves. Well the first two went great and I dropped my pilot in to do the next seat and my pilot bottomed out. Did a quick check and I was coming up with about .002 oversized intake valve guide. I got out my pin gauges and confirmed it was not only oversized but tapered too. So I started researching part numbers for valve guides and nobody had Speedmaster guides in stock. It sounds like Edelbrock uses the same size so Jegs on Monday said they had two but as of today I’ve gotten nothing which Jegs is good at taking money for stuff they don’t have. (15.00 to ship a 15.00 item) I would have made a bigger order but Jegs now want 200.00 for free shipping. So I called Speedmaster in California and ordered a boatload of valve seats and valve guides. Then I talked to those in charge and sent them pictures of the issues on these two heads. I’m thinking they both bypassed final checkout. I will let you know how Speedmaster replies after their tech team gets together. I didn’t have a great feeling when our conversation was over. Check your heads out guys. All heads and products.
Good luck, and may the force be with you. I suggest documenting every conversation with date, time, who you talked to, and what was said. I had a nightmare experience with Speedmaster doing a return that dragged on for six months.

I wanted to forward this to Speedmaster. It’s a shame it got trashed up. Can’t do it now.

Hopefully Charlie Chan gets the message, It might take awhile for Charlie to identify the ****-eyed Chinamen running the machine.
No I’m Out on this one. It’s getting harder and harder to post tech on this site. Not worth it.
Cheer up, The message above is what I would have relayed to Speedmaster. ****-eye has to go before the Speedmaster quality goes to **** like Edelbrocks did.
I value your imput on the Speedmaster castings, all in all , seems like a respectable head for the money.
Give them hell until they listen. :thumbsup:

I agree. Its appreciated.

Look around and see how many are posting tech anymore. It’s time consuming writing up these posts and gets real old when the jokesters join in with nothing as they have nothing to share. It’s turning into Moparts almost overnight. I think I’ll be a jokester too and just enjoy the ride. Lol. Mods can you delete this post please.

Look around and see how many are posting tech anymore. It’s time consuming writing up these posts and gets real old when the jokesters join in with nothing as they have nothing to share. It’s turning into Moparts almost overnight. I think I’ll be a jokester too and just enjoy the ride. Lol. Mods can you delete this post please.
I can see your point. I hope you can change your mind though.

Since I joined this forum, I've garnered a ton of information from your posts and others. I just ignore the jokesters comments and go on. I see you point and it is annoying in a lot of cases, but it is a public forum.

A black Duster in Freeport.

D4DEDB80-86D3-4236-938F-D10F439DF474.jpeg

No I’m Out on this one. It’s getting harder and harder to post tech on this site. Not worth it.
Don't know if it is related, but this site has taken a serious dive since the last "update"

The site is worse, and it seems we lost a ton of traffic because of it

-
Back