timing chain cover

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this one out in the garage that i could sell you.
PM me.
I can talk price, and FEDEX'ing, + Pay Pal.
Jim V.

Oops.
I deleted my e mail address.
I keep forgeting that's a no no on this board.

OK guys, i made my mistake in replying to this mans wanted ad in thinking he wants a timing cover for a 69 small block engine.
To my knowledge the timing mark, (tab) in 1969 is on the right side, (passenger side) of the cover.
1970 and up engines is when the mark got changed over to the left side.
He's looking for a 1970 and up cover then.
I received a pm e mail from him that what i pictured is not what he's after.
JV.

Attachments

• Timing Cover 001 (Small).JPG
    58 KB · Views: 691
  • Timing Cover 002 (Small).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 251
Looks like timing tab is on passenger side. Just saying.

iv got a great condition cover..part number says truck..if you are looking for original cover this isnt it..if you just want a great condition cover,this is it..if interested pm me .jim

I have this one if you are still looking?

Attachments

• 000_4098.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 247
what does a 68// 340 //dart timing cover look like?which side is the timing marks?

timing mark is on the passenger side. 68/ 69 i beleave they are the same. 70 and up are on the driver side. my 69 dart 340 has been converted to 70 and up.

1968 340 timing covers are on the passenger side 69 and up on the driver side like this one.
Heres the pics that were requested

Attachments

• 101_9236.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 101_9237.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 224
  • 101_9238.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 224
Sorry, but the 69 I've owned since new, has timing marks on pass side.. 70's are on driver side.

Anything is possible from ma mopar,but if the timing mark is on the passengerside then your engine has a cast iron 68 timing cover and most 69s are aluminum and just like the cover shown.

Anything is possible from ma mopar,but if the timing mark is on the passengerside then your engine has a cast iron 68 timing cover and most 69s are aluminum and just like the cover shown.

What the hack are you talking about?
There is no such thing as a "cast iron timing cover"
Every one of them is aluminum.
Are you refering to Cast Iron "water pump" used in 69 and earlier?
Boy, has this guys posting gone off topic, since he's looking for a 70 and up cover.

Sorry about that I am not perfect,been home sick as hell for 2 days and was just trying to help out someone
The F@#$%^^ cover HE is interested in is pictured

My 69 has timing marks on the pass side just like these. 68 and 69 only covers. Earlier have the bolt on indicator.

Attachments

• 101_1435 (2).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back