[WANTED] Timing cover

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody by chance have a small block timing cover with the timing marks on the passenger side?
I dont have the timing cover but I do have the correct stock harmonic balancer and 3 groove dampened A/C crank pulley.
PM me if you need them

And a secondary question, I'm putting a magnum in my 67 Dart and my bottom radiator hose comes out on the drivers side, will the timing cover version with the timing marks on the passenger side, still work on the Magnum?

Anybody by chance have a small block timing cover with the timing marks on the passenger side?

The early 273 from 64 - 68 had no marks on the timing chain cover and a bolt on timing tab... The 318 had the same thing in 67 - 68... The 340 had it in 68...

In 69 all three had the timing marks cast into the passenger side of the timing chain cover...

Just so you know what to look for...

I have one with the timing marks on Passenger
side but it is aluminum. I will check the #s on it tomorrow
night. ( Actual I have 5 or six different year Aluminum covers
but I tossed out the cast iron ones years ago if I had any)
$60.00

The early 273 from 64 - 68 had no marks on the timing chain cover and a bolt on timing tab... The 318 had the same thing in 67 - 68... The 340 had it in 68...

My 67 273 has the timimg marks on the passenger side. Perhaps it was changed at some point.

In 69 all three had the timing marks cast into the passenger side of the timing chain cover...

Just so you know what to look for...

I have one with the timing marks on Passenger
side but it is aluminum. I will check the #s on it tomorrow
night. ( Actual I have 5 or six different year Aluminum covers
but I tossed out the cast iron ones years ago if I had any)
$60.00

Id be interested in the aluminum one. Its going on a magnum.

My 67 273 has the timimg marks on the passenger side. Perhaps it was changed at some point.

Yes, that's the proper side from the factory up until 1969, then they went to the driver's side after 1970....

@MassDart you probably are already aware, but just in case. You'll need to put timing marks on your balancer for the passenger side timing on the cover.

On my Magnum I kept my v-belt front end with a driver's side water pump and a 70 cover. I painted different color lines on the balancer at TDC, 20, and 36. It's not super easy to see the timing marks behind the water pump and power steering pump, but its doable.

DCC-4529070_xl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back