Status
Not open for further replies.

Traxfish

Convertible Cruiser
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I noticed I am missing the timing mark tab on my 68 318 Barracuda. This is a problem as I will need to set timing. I paid good money to have the timing set by a garage a couple years ago and now I'm wondering if they even could have without that tab there.
A quick search on the usual parts sites only has big block tabs, not small block.
Are these the same tabs by any chance?
And if not, does anyone know where I can get a small block timing tab or have any spares they'd be willing to sell?

I thought 68 LA has timing on Passenger side and is bolted on with two bolts.

273-timing-mark-resized-jpg.jpg

My mistake, I thought it was 68 when they went to the timing marks casted on the front cover. 65"

From what I've read and been told, they started casting it into the timing chain cover on the driver's side from 69 on, like this: Mopar Dodge 3769964 Cast Aluminum Timing Cover1966-74 A B...
From 64-68, it was a tab bolted on the passenger side.
69 was cast in timing cover but was on the passenger side. If it has a cast iron water pump, it’s on the passenger side. Aluminum pump is on the driver side which started in 1970.

I noticed I am missing the timing mark tab on my 68 318 Barracuda. This is a problem as I will need to set timing. I paid good money to have the timing set by a garage a couple years ago and now I'm wondering if they even could have without that tab there.
A quick search on the usual parts sites only has big block tabs, not small block.
Are these the same tabs by any chance?
And if not, does anyone know where I can get a small block timing tab or have any spares they'd be willing to sell?
I have one I'll sell if you can't find one closer/sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back