Tinted pop out windows and back glass? Anyone do it?

-

wjaholic

My car stole my wallet!
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of an A-Body with tinted glass (specifically the rear pop out windows and rear glass)?

I am seriously considering tinting mine to protect my expensive interior parts from the sun.

What do you guys think? Is that a stupid idea?

Years ago I bought a set of used popout side windows tinted with good intentions of going all tinted on my Demon. After looking at what is involved in taking it apart, it might be beyond my ability??? I'm wondering if a real light tint would work.

I had to rebuild my quarter windows, so I had them and the rear window done in Limo tint. Rear glass not in yet. Had my door windows done with 50% since we have tinting laws here that dont allow it. The tinting looks good I think.

img0208v.jpg

img0396nx.jpg

img0201o.jpg

Was going to get mine done, just kind of forgot. And with the cage in the car I doubt it will ever happen. Friend had some kind of titanium tint on a black car, looked really nice. But without a/c it does not do much as far as helping keep the car cooler in the summer...at least I did not think so....

I have tinted glass all around on my 70 Swinger and love it. Like you say protects the interior, also keeps the car cooler and also easier on my old eyes on a bright summer day. P. S. Tried to download a pic but my file was to big. Maybe latter, right now I'm at work.

My rears are not popouts but, it's an A body.
Limo tint rear and quarters.
Slightly lighter on the two front side windows and clear winshield.

I have tinted glass all around on my 70 Swinger and love it. Like you say protects the interior, also keeps the car cooler and also easier on my old eyes on a bright summer day. P. S. Tried to download a pic but my file was to big. Maybe latter, right now I'm at work.

Attachments

• tint.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 190
I like my tint...
C

Attachments

• DSC00629 (Medium).JPG
    203 KB · Views: 156
Do it if you wanna look "gangsta".......

No offense to anybody with the tint, but I think it looks horrible on a classic Mopar. Plus, it you ever change your mind (or sell your car) and want to remove it, realize it's a MAJOR P.I.T.A.

I drive mine daily and i love the tint i have. However i would not do 2% again, 15 yes.

Do it if you wanna look "gangsta".......

No offense to anybody with the tint, but I think it looks horrible on a classic Mopar. Plus, it you ever change your mind (or sell your car) and want to remove it, realize it's a MAJOR P.I.T.A.

Cause a lotta "gangstas" roll in old mopars? Tinted windows look good on pretty much anything. Would I do it to a numbers matching original resto,,definately not. But to a rest-mod, for sure. Cause dats how we roll in da hood :D

-
Back