Tips on how to restore door vent window trim?

-

MADMarc

Just a d00d
Reaction score
I have been trying to find tips on how to restore my vent window trim, but have had no luck. These guys are chromed, correct? Is my best bet to pull the trim, remove the glass, bring them back down to metal and redip? It's currently pitted due to bits of rust.

I have been trying to find tips on how to restore my vent window trim, but have had no luck. These guys are chromed, correct? Is my best bet to pull the trim, remove the glass, bring them back down to metal and redip? It's currently pitted due to bits of rust.

In my rrstoration thread you can find some info.
1965 Dodge DartCharger

Hope it helps!

oh...my...god....

quite the thread you've got there hahah I'm a few pages in and then looked down to see how many pages there are total. Guess I'll be looking through there for a bit. Thanks for the heads up.

oh...my...god....

quite the thread you've got there hahah I'm a few pages in and then looked down to see how many pages there are total. Guess I'll be looking through there for a bit. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi again!

I don't know how to add pictures in PMs!!

I use this tool to hold to the sprint and bend it upwards to get the sprint out of the hole! Hope that will work for you! Ulf

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 012.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 205
-
Back