Tire Dilemma (P225/70R14

-

LJS30

Reaction score
Guys I have been going around and around when it comes to my tire situation. Currently I have P195/70R14's in the front and 225/60's on the back. Well due to the unavailability of the 225's I was very close to purchasing some wheels from Specialty Wheels that would be 15's. Well, this car is going to be a driver and I have other issues to deal with so I am again thinking about keeping my rally wheels and going with P225/70R14's all the way around. Will those work on the front? I like the Firehawk Indy's and the price is great.

i used to run 225/70 14's on all 4 like you want on a 68 dart...

it rubbed a little in the front, only on the drivers side (i had the front set really low) so on a normal ride height there shouldn't be any issue

i used to run 225/70 14's on all 4 like you want on a 68 dart...

it rubbed a little in the front, only on the drivers side (i had the front set really low) so on a normal ride height there shouldn't be any issue

I concur 100% and went through the same exact thing, same exact tire sizes. My ride height was a hair low, but the front end was less than mint.

I have 225/70 14's on my 68 barracuda with ralleys, no problems here.

Well I have some good HD torsion bars up front and have it at stock height. I really want to go with the same size all the way around this time.

+1 for BF Goodrich 225/70R14 in the back 215/70 in front. The biggest you can get under your dart comfortably. Keep the treadwear below 400 for stickier traction. Anything above (like The Firehawk Indy) as it has been said, "You might as well be using wagon wheels." :spam2:

-
Back