Tire ? for my 66 Dart

-

Flatlander

Reaction score
Well looks like I'll be keeping my 66 and was eyeing some 14x6 Cragar ss rims for it. Would like advice on back spacing and how wide of tire I can run on the front. The dart is still all stock and don't really have any plans to modify so just wondering tire width and height so it doesn't rub when turning.

thanks in advance.

Did you get any reasonable offers? I was watching your sale..
Offset will depend on the size of the rim you choose-- somewhere there is a thread with members wheel tire combo's-- you can gets lot's of tire with proper planning.

Also check out the members rides-- they say 14 tires are getting harder to come up with--- you can also get custom made 15' steel wheels-- just options you might want to consider.

I have some small bolt wheels with 235/60/14 tires on them if you wanted to drive to test fit.
1 pair is 14x7 slots & the other is 14x7 steel wheels, I also have some 14x6 steelies(old chrome reverse) no tires.

Before anyone gets jumpy-- these are small bolt pattern wheels-- I've been very dilligent in watching for these over the years.

Some combination will be going on my 69 dart some day.
I'm in Wichita Ks & at home this week . Lawrence

Thanks for your offer, I live a little far from Wichita.

Now that you mention it I might be looking into 7" wheels but probably stay with 14s. Wouldn't mind running some 235s all around.

Thanks for your offer, I live a little far from Wichita.

Now that you mention it I might be looking into 7" wheels but probably stay with 14s. Wouldn't mind running some 235s all around.

There are several sets for sale on the Moparts site.

I have 195-50VR15's on 15x7.00 Ralleyes on my 66 Barracuda. They fit fine and don't rub but thats as big as I'm going. I think I'll get a set of chrome 15 x 6 Ralleyes and run 195-60R15's next time. I'm not up for any rubbing issues.

Well looks like I'll be keeping my 66 and was eyeing some 14x6 Cragar ss rims for it. Would like advice on back spacing and how wide of tire I can run on the front. The dart is still all stock and don't really have any plans to modify so just wondering tire width and height so it doesn't rub when turning.

thanks in advance.

Cragar SS's would look sweet on your car. toolmanmike

I think I'll give summit a call and see about a wheel/tire set up price. Measured backspacing on my steels last night and was 3.5 and able to fit a 225/14 under the front with no problem but thinking of going with 215/60/r14, should be good. Right now I'm running 195/70/r14.

-
Back