Tire ? for my 66 Dart

-

Flatlander

Reaction score
Also in early a forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well looks like I'll be keeping my 66 and was eyeing some 14x6 Cragar ss rims for it. Would like advice on back spacing and how wide of tire I can run on the front. The dart is still all stock and don't really have any plans to modify so just wondering tire width and height so it doesn't rub when turning.

thanks in advance.

I saw your Dart for sale. Too bad it didn't sell but we're glad to see you're still here with us. I bought a pair of 15x7 small bolt Rallys but I don't have tires on them yet. I did take a rear wheel off and slide it over the studs to check the backside clearance. Looks like it will be OK. In fact with the correct back spacing and tire I wonder if you could fit 8" wides back there. You might have to roll the fender lip for outside clearance though. toolmanmike

Thanks mike. I kinda come to the conclusion I'm better off with what I've got, not much out there in as good of shape as my dart. I think I'll also look into 7" and see if I can fit some 235s up front.

-
Back