tire options left in 14 inch ?

-
OP
You have a 408 grocery getter/Caravan? That's got to be a little ODD.

In that case, it don't matter much what you put back there,cuz it will roast anything,well into speeding territory. How can I say that? Cuz my 367 does that with 325DRs. And you are 11% bigger, and likely 50 to 100 more ponies.

I'm a little envious. Just a teensy bit.

408 daily driver, kids to school, groceries ? Interesting.:burnout:

I would throw some T/A Radials on it.

Actually, I would get a Honda Accord. :D

there is nothing like picking the kids up from school and firing up that 408
I love looking in my rear view mirror, and seeing little girls cover their ears in terror :D

OP
You have a 408 grocery getter/Caravan? That's got to be a little ODD.

In that case, it don't matter much what you put back there,cuz it will roast anything,well into speeding territory. How can I say that? Cuz my 367 does that with 325s. And you are 11% bigger, and likely 50 to 100 more ponies.

I'm a little envious. Just a teensy bit.

it is a BLAST
the whole thing kinda snuck up on me
I bought the duster with a /6 last year planning on taking my time building it
start on the rear axle and work my way up front, to eventually drop a 408 in

well, the /6 started to smoke, and I mean SMOKE
it became harder and harder to start so I picked up a junkyard 360
inspected the bores and a few mains, and since everything looked good I had the head freshened up, put in a bigger cam, weiand intake and a 4 barrel and dropped her in

about 1000 miles down the road I threw a rod :banghead:
so now this 360 had to come out and the wife decided were only having this thing rebuild once, so lets just have it build to the final spec...408 stroker :cheers:

so I kinda got ahead of myself

I actually got to drive the car today and traction is non existent (I'm still on the hunt for a sure grip)

You need some drag radials, or its pointless with that motor.

If the viewers will forgive my hijack attempt, I want to ask the same question for my 1968 Barracuda because I saw lots of good answers posted to the query.
I bought old factory Mopar 14" x 5.5" steel rims for the back to install wider rubber than can fit on the stock 14" x 4.5" rims.
Since the wider rims are 4.50" BP, I need adapters to mate onto the 4.25" BP drum hubs. I am looking at the Topline C125-5245-5450 adapter. It is 1.25" thick.
If I put the Kumho Solus KR21, P205/70 R14 tires on the new rims, will everything fit with the adapter in place or is the tire too wide?
The section width is 8.2" and the tire diameter is 25.4". I have shackles to add lift.

Double check those adapters...your barracuda has 5 on 4 bolt pattern, NOT 5 on 4.25

Why not go 15 and save some headaches? Even those are getting more difficult, but it does give a broader choice.
I was asked this question, my answer is I am trying to keep my car stock appearing. I was told the car wont hook up etc, I am not racing it, it is going to be a street cruiser. I will see though, I am sure I will change my mind.

I hate to keep bursting your bubble, but if I read that add correctly, those are spacers, not adapter
the "hub side pattern" is listed as 5 on 4, and the "wheel side pattern" is aswell, so they wont help you either

I'm not sure if those 205 tires will fit, since whatever you use as an adapter will bring the tires out towards the fenders

-
Back