tire pressure

-
I do have the tendency to get the easiest things *** backwards.

a shorter tire will leave the beam sooner. a taller (aired up) tire lwill stay in the beam longer.

The statement needs a little clarification. A "tall tire" isn't the same as an "aired-up tire".

A measured taller diameter tire will stay in the beams longer than a measured shorter diameter tire because of the overall size. But once you start airing up any tire, while it will become taller, the actual footprint will decrease because the measurement across the bottom, at the height of the beam will decrease. So it will act like a slightly shorter tire when inflated more. i.e.: At the same height off the ground, measure the bottom of a flat tire vs one that's aired up to pretty much being round.

I've been running 13lbs for 3 years now.
Friday night TNT I tried from 15 to 17 lbs in my 29.0x12.0x15 Hoosier slicks on stock leaf springs, caltracs & Calvert 9 way shocks.
I found the best 60' was at 16lbs. so I thought I was ready for racing Saturday.
Saturday it never hooked and I only lasted 2 rounds due to lousy tree and 60' with lots of spinning.
I need to check spring eye and shackles for possible binding, but I think it just needs to be adjusted correctly.

-
Back