Tire Size for 67 Barracuda

-

SWETPT

Reaction score
The tires I have now are on 14" rally rims, I would like to go to 15" rims and larger tires for the back. With 3:55 gears I was told for ever 2" taller it would drop the gear ratio. I just want to cruise with this car not race it. It's got the 741 casing so the lowest gear I could find was a 3:55. Theres 70 s on the back and 75s on the front. Any ideas would be great.

Ah, a fellow Canadian :)
My 67 Barracuda fastback sits on 255 60 R15 on the back and 205 70 R14 on the front, It has a nice stance. The rear axle has been changed at some point in its life. It now has the 8.25 large bolt pattern. It fits without any problems or interference with the rear leafs. But as i mentioned the rear is not stock so i don't know if they have moved any of the spring perches.

I'm running a 2.44 gear in the back which is great for highway driving but i'm thinking of stepping it up to a 3.55 suregrip in the summer. What rpm are you running at 60 MPH (highway cruising)?

67-Barracuda.jpg

If your 67 is still 5 on 4" small bolt pattern you will pay a premium for aftermarket 15 inch wheels to match that.
A 215-70-14 fills the wheel well nicely. That size is discontinued by several mfgrs. though.

-
Back