Tire Size For a 1974 Plymouth Scamp

-

vanleer mopars

Mopar or no car!
Reaction score
Hello Mopar Commuinty
I have a question that I am concerned about. I recently purchased a 74 Scamp with Mopar Rally Wheels. I noticed that the rear tires are really nice looking but seem to rub on the inside and the outside of the tire and wheel well.
My question is what size can I go with to get that same wide tire look without losing the look. the tires are 255 60 R15 BF GOODRICH.

Or does any one know of a way to keep tires on without rubbing aginst the wheel well.
All suggestions welcome.

Thank you for your time
vanleer mopars

Attachments

• Side of car.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 3,229
If you have any room left6 on the spring side you can get rally wheels with more offset or you can get spring offset kit. i have that on my dart

Hello Mopar Commuinty
I have a question that I am concerned about. I recently purchased a 74 Scamp with Mopar Rally Wheels. I noticed that the rear tires are really nice looking but seem to rub on the inside and the outside of the tire and wheel well.
My question is what size can I go with to get that same wide tire look without losing the look. the tires are 255 60 R15 BF GOODRICH.

Or does any one know of a way to keep tires on without rubbing aginst the wheel well.
All suggestions welcome.

Thank you for your time
vanleer mopars
Try going to a 245/50/r15 or Roll the lips on the quarters and clearance the inner fenderwells with a 5 lb sledge if you like that tire size.

1/4" spacer for the springs...then Eastwood fender roller tool for the lips. You should be able to get that tire to fit though. Had that size on my 71 Scamp and it should be about the same...

Yeah I look into the work verus changing tire size decided to go with changing a tire a 235 60 r15, that current size just rubbs to much as I drive the vehicle I hate to change them though they look awesome. beatnik you said you had them on your scamp as well not sure why mine does it though, it rubbs on inside as well on outside, they dont hit the springs, it has to be the wheel well. I can barley put the end of my pinky between whell well and the tire. So thanks everyone for there input, so looks like I gonna put these brand new tires on craiglist to sale. if your are interested and live around phoenix let me know

K went with a 235 60 fits perfect, still gots the wide look too. So now I have two good 255 60 15 tires, if any one lives around phoenix or tucson and wants a good deal on some tires let me know. Thanks again for everyone's help.

K went with a 235 60 fits perfect, still gots the wide look too. So now I have two good 255 60 15 tires, if any one lives around phoenix or tucson and wants a good deal on some tires let me know. Thanks again for everyone's help.
I stretched my tubs using 2 x 4s 16'' long, braced them against the frame and drove them puppies in. of course I was changing both rear quarters when I did this. I now have 11'' tires under mine spinning a 373 ford 8.8 rear end that has been cut down on one side.

-
Back