Tire Size Opinions

-

matthon

Reaction score
I have this, that, (pics below), 3.23 Sure-Grip.

Currently have:
Front - 215/70R14 on 14x5, or x6 not sure
Rear - 245/60R14 on 14x7

I have a set of sbp 15x7 that I would really like to use.

Any input on tire sizes is appreciated, front and back, tires ain't cheap, inspection soon, and these baloney skins aren't passing.

I hear going to say a larger rim/tire in the rear would be best suited to a 3.55 rear, I think, but that's not in the budget.

20190423_175149.jpg

20180617_144433.jpg

I have this, that, (pics below), 3.23 Sure-Grip.

Currently have:
Front - 215/70R14 on 14x5, or x6 not sure
Rear - 245/60R14 on 14x7

I have a set of sbp 15x7 that I would really like to use.

Any input on tire sizes is appreciated, front and back, tires ain't cheap, inspection soon, and these baloney skins aren't passing.

I hear going to say a larger rim/tire in the rear would be best suited to a 3.55 rear, I think, but that's not in the budget.

View attachment 1715326555

View attachment 1715326556
Love the news the taller the tire and as wide as you can get will bite the hardest

Someone who has been rodding a bunch of mopars for many years told me a 255/60R15 with 3.73 gears would be best with a tunnel ram, but that was with dual Holley 600s.

I'm not sure if that advice is good, or would be different with the efi.

I also heard a small tire is best for a tunnel ram, but I think that logic is based on the tr liking a higher rpm, and getting the tires moving, something, something.

With the efi though, the get up and go comes on quick and strong.

Someone who has been rodding a bunch of mopars for many years told me a 255/60R15 with 3.73 gears would be best with a tunnel ram, but that was with dual Holley 600s.

I'm not sure if that advice is good, or would be different with the efi.

I also heard a small tire is best for a tunnel ram, but I think that logic is based on the tr liking a higher rpm, and getting the tires moving, something, something.

With the efi though, the get up and go comes on quick and strong.
A tunnel ram comes on 35 4000 I don't know where your cams at with that gear it'll start breathing then adjust your launch I'd hit it 5 and see if it blows the tires off but that's just me and then adjust your lunch time down you're on the right track man unless you want to tub the car run the 31 16 with a 411 launch 35 38 play with it a little bit little rocket ship out of the hole

I have these old school tires, I think they're a little too wide for the rims I have, but I bet they would roast nice, and quickly, and I'd be back to needing new tires - and asking, what size should I get?

20190423_185840.jpg

I have these old school tires, I think they're a little too wide for the rims I have, but I bet they would roast nice, and quickly, and I'd be back to needing new tires - and asking, what size should I get?

View attachment 1715326596
The widest in the tallest tall is better than WYD because the footprint is bigger the tallest and the widest you can fit and your wheel well will work the best

A tunnel ram comes on 35 4000

I hear this all the time, the reality is this thing is screaming mad from go, I don't even have full throttle yet, just made a new throttle set up and need to bend the gas pedal a little, plus just fixed a fuel pressure issue, I'm just barely getting to 3500/4000.

I did a burnout for the first time in ages, due to said fuel pressure issue choking the life out of the fun pedal, and I could have easily roasted the tires down to the rims.

That reminds me, I need tires, any suggestions on sizes?

Go to the local tire store try the 15s on it see what the widest tires you can get in your wheel wells then tell him okay thanks I don't have that money right now then order them out of summit in the Mickey Thompson or a slick

Any other opinions out there?
Get some Kuhmo 225/50/15 put them on you 15X7 wheels. They are less than 24 inches in diameter they would lower the car and lower your overall gear ratio. The
car would handle an accelerate better with lighter smaller wheels, but most dont
like the look of small wheels....form follows function.

What are you driving? My crystal ball is broken.

The
car would handle an accelerate better with lighter smaller wheels

I would like to use the 15x7s, sure, but if a smaller rim/tire is better, ok.

Wasn't sure if a smaller tire was necessarily better or why.

15s definitely have more options.

Or, is there a tire for the 15x7s that would be the same diameter as the 245/60R14 on it now.

Basically, is it about overall diameter of the tire/rim?

-
Back