Tire Time

-
Well, its time to buy 2 rear tires.I like the BFG tires.Next is the size not sure what to get.245 60 15, or 255 60 15, there is plenty of room to stuff under the Duster.If you were to put booth sizes side by side is there much of a difference?, I have done the tire calculator and I know there is some between the two.Thoughts please.:burnout:
I could use your help ,,iam new and haven't figured out how to make a post on here yet,,iam build a 65 dart,,and trying to figure out what size tires I can put under it,Id like too put 295"s but not sure id Id have to open up the wheel tubs or maybe offset spring hangers,,any idieas? thanks

Snake, your tire size will be great. I have 245/50 17s on the 67 and i like them. I could go to 255's but the price was right on what i got. Running Gmax generals and the reviews ive seen were good. Performance directional tires and appearence i like. Hopefully in spring i will be able to get them turning more then just up and back of the driveway>>LOL

Snake, your tire size will be great. I have 245/50 17s on the 67 and i like them. I could go to 255's but the price was right on what i got. Running Gmax generals and the reviews ive seen were good. Performance directional tires and appearence i like. Hopefully in spring i will be able to get them turning more then just up and back of the driveway>>LOL

Thanks ED, would be nice to park beside that bad boy or girl at cruise nights.:D

I work in a shop and sell tires. Cooper does not make the BFG. The Cooper tires, while good for the price, always turned me off with the looks of that little Cobra snake. You will get a lot of use out of your BFG's. Let's see some pics!

I work in a shop and sell tires. Cooper does not make the BFG. The Cooper tires, while good for the price, always turned me off with the looks of that little Cobra snake. You will get a lot of use out of your BFG's. Let's see some pics!

Reading is fundamental buddy I corrected that to Coker long before your post .

Hear ya go,will mount in a few weeks,after i get the old wheel studs out.Someone in the past put longer studs in and then they cut them not very straight too boot.Have a hard time trying to mount tires so new studs in order.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 002.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 169
Reading is fundamental buddy I corrected that to Coker long before your post .

Gee. thanks for the information. I'll try to get out somewhere and learn to read. Sorry I missed your one little post. The person reading this thread to me must have missed it. Next time I'll be sure to look for every post you make so I can be sure I don't offend you. Just to return the favor, you might want to learn punctuation. Just a thought.

Aaaaand, back to the tires. They are going to look great. You'll be amazed at how long they last.

-- 245/60-15 is 26.6" tall and 9.7" wide ----- 255/60-15 is 27" tall and 10" wide. ------ 275/60-15 is 28" tall and 10.8 " wide. -- Here's what 255s look like on My Valiant, with a 8" rim. -- If you have room, go with 255s or 275s, if they'll fit.
hi you you seem to know yr tires,Iam trying to figure out what I can stuff under my 65 dart,my rims are centerlines 15" ,and 9" wide,,Id like to put at least 275"s if not 295"s,,what is is your opinion,,would I have to open up the tubs or offset spring hangers,,I have a 8&3/4 3.91"s,,backing plates are 53" apart..
thanks for any input!!

-
Back